+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport sent to ottawa 2019 after ppr

canada87

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Application arrived at cic Mar 25
Approved Mar 29
Passports received back Apr 8
My tracking was not activated till Apr 5 when it was showing the package arrived in Winnipeg. There was no tracking activation in Ottawa, they forgot to scan the package.

sam2489

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Canada post did not scanned my package once CiC posted in Ottawa, so my tracking was not activated. 2 days later there was an update saying passports have arrived in Winnipeg! Than I’ve received them the day after.
so the exact process is, there are lots of passports, all of them put inside a bin by CIC

then Canada post collects that bin and segregate based on region/ states and then put the tracking number, which takes 2 business days from the time they put it in the bin. If before 5 Pm on a day then 2 days after that day the tracking will be activated.

If after 5 PM, then consider 3 business days from that day.

This is the information details I got from a patience Canada post customer service officer

popeye12

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
PPR April 1st
Passport Sent April 1st
Passport arrived April 3rd
App approved April 8th

Waiting for the tracker to be activated.........

popeye12

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
so the exact process is, there are lots of passports, all of them put inside a bin by CIC

then Canada post collects that bin and segregate based on region/ states and then put the tracking number, which takes 2 business days from the time they put it in the bin. If before 5 Pm on a day then 2 days after that day the tracking will be activated.

If after 5 PM, then consider 3 business days from that day.

This is the information details I got from a patience Canada post customer service officer
How do you know the passport is in the bin? After app approved? Thanks.

sam2489

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Just now see tracker updated, it's in transit now, hope I will get this tomorrow.

All the best guys, will update..

aasulman

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Hi,

I am CEC inland, in Edmonton.

My timeline :
Ppr April 2nd
Passport sent on April 2nd
Passport recieved on April 3rd
Application approved on April 9

Currently waiting for the return copr, but I forgot to write the tracking number :(

I hope I get an appointment or I will be able to get one... crossing the US border really scare me and it is 6 hours drive.
All of my friends had to send passport in Ottawa and they got an email right away for an appointment... I did not yet so I am stressed. I know we can call them but I heard it is long...
Hi Juanagmz, did you receive your passport back from CIC?