Passport sent to ottawa 2019 after ppr

imeandwhat

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
PPR March 12
PP Sent to CPC Ottawa March 12
PP Delivered March 13
Return tracker activated March 25
(Application not marked as approved yet. May be because Spouse PP is in process in IRCC New Delhi)

Amritat

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
AOR Received.
19-11-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
Passport sent - 15th March
Passport Delivered- 18th March
Application Approved- 25th March
Return tracker activation- Pending
FSW-O

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
PPR. March 11 PP sent.
PP Received. March 13
Application Approved. March 18
Return tracker activated. March 26
I am just wondering do you or anyone else know why it take cic to send application back after approval, i means why it takes a week to activate return tracking

imeandwhat

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
I am just wondering do you or anyone else know why it take cic to send application back after approval, i means why it takes a week to activate return tracking
There are still some unknowns whether the visa is printed before or after approval. For visa printing there is a queue and that depends on the load of applications. Even after printing, the tracker gets activated only when the fedex person picks up the actual package. So it does have some good amount of physical work to be done unlike online processing. It takes anywhere between 1 day to 1 week for the tracker to get activated.

Reactions: jbhkaur

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Passports sent March 19
Passports received March 20
Application approved March 26
Do not have return tracking number

Any idea how long before I receive passports

Also if anyone can answer, this is parents application that got approved. Parents are here in Canada in visitor visa and their visa expired last year and we applied for extension that got rejected for no reason and cic even sent a letter saying voluntary departure within 30 days, meaning my parents should leave country in 30 days because they are out of status.

Parents got approval of Pr application a week after rejection.

Question here is as my parents out of status since rejection and we do not have passports as we sent to Ottawa, do we do anything if we don’t get passports back in 30 day limit, I mean should we apply for restoration?

imeandwhat

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
My timeline :
PP Delivered - March 13
Return tracker activated - Mar 25
COPR/PP Received - Mar 26
Spouse PP Delivered at VFS - Mar 13
Spouse PP Delivered at IRCC Delhi - Mar 18
Spouse Return tracker activated - Mar 27
myCIC approved - Mar 27

imeandwhat

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
First you will see an update on online account stating golden words "Approved" once they do stamping on your spouse's passport. I believe your passport already should be stamped. Because I along with other applicant whose passport got delivered on March 13th, heir application approved Today/before.

Once you see application approved, it depends but you will see return tracker activated usually after 1-5 day. So please keep checking your return tracker.
And yes you're right myCIC got approved only after the Spouse PP was printed. Thanks

Jay-Ar

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Is it possible that they printed my visa but theres no update in my CIC account? I just called them and this is what they said.

Reactions: Saraivac

iakubovska.iryna

Oct 31, 2018
PP sent from Saskatchewan - march 12 (@4pm);
PP reached Ottawa - march 15
(around 9 am);
Application approved- march 22 (evening);
Return tracker activated- march 27 at 6:56 pm (item in transit).

P.S. ECAS still shows “decision made”.

iakubovska.iryna

Oct 31, 2018
Is it possible that they printed my visa but theres no update in my CIC account? I just called them and this is what they said.
I think so. Our return tracker just was activated about one hour ago. Its shows “item in transit” and was processed at 6.56 pm in Ottawa today, and ECAS still shows “decision made”. But automatic voicemail says “approved”.
Just check automatic voicemail when you are calling ‭1 (888) 242-2100‬ to make sure

Jay-Ar

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
I think so. Our return tracker just was activated about one hour ago. Its shows “item in transit” and was processed at 6.56 pm in Ottawa today, and ECAS still shows “decision made”. But automatic voicemail says “approved”.
my voice mail and gckey said still on process not approved yet but when I call the agent she said mine was already printed.

Jay-Ar

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
around what time you got approval?