+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport sent to ottawa 2019 after ppr

canada87

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Just let me clarify again..

Once Ottawa office done with stamping on your passport, you will see an update on your CIC account stating "Your Application is Approved". There will be no COPR letter comes within CIC online account. Once application got approved, within 4-5 days return tracker get activated and you will receive the passport along with COPR in another 1-2 days. Once you get your COPR then you need to do the landing and once you do the landing you can't leave the country until you receive your PR card.

If you have a COPR and if you haven't done the landing yet then you can go on a trip outside of Canada; carry your passport and COPR letter along with you and while returning to Canada, do your landing. This will be an option. But safer side, you can ask/verify with couple of other people prior to this.
Oh I got it! Thank you so much for taking off your time to clarify this question!

canada87

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Just let me clarify again..

Once Ottawa office done with stamping on your passport, you will see an update on your CIC account stating "Your Application is Approved". There will be no COPR letter comes within CIC online account. Once application got approved, within 4-5 days return tracker get activated and you will receive the passport along with COPR in another 1-2 days. Once you get your COPR then you need to do the landing and once you do the landing you can't leave the country until you receive your PR card.

If you have a COPR and if you haven't done the landing yet then you can go on a trip outside of Canada; carry your passport and COPR letter along with you and while returning to Canada, do your landing. This will be an option. But safer side, you can ask/verify with couple of other people prior to this.
Do you know if the dependent and the principal applicant can do the lending separately? I mean, the principal would do it first and then the dependent a few weeks later? Is there any specific timing to do the lending after you received CoPR? Thank you again :)

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Do you know if the dependent and the principal applicant can do the lending separately? I mean, the principal would do it first and then the dependent a few weeks later? Is there any specific timing to do the lending after you received CoPR? Thank you again :)
I believe they give usually 6 months time period to do the landing. Expiry date should be mention on your COPR.
Answer to your question: Yes, principal applicant can do landing first and dependent can do after few days or prior to the end of expiry.

Just to you know FYI - primary applicant has to do the landing first and/or primary and dependent can do landing together. But dependent applicant can't do the landing at first.

Amritat

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
AOR Received.
19-11-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
Anyone's package signed by T.PETERSON at CPC Ottawa ? I was curious because I have seen most of the people's package is signed by Steve. o_O
Mine is signed by P. Joynt. So I guess it should be fine as they would have different people working on different shifts.

Reactions: imeandwhat

mani6527

Mar 13, 2019
hi guys,
passport sent on 8 march
application approved 18 march
return tracker not activated yet
anyone knows how much time they take to send copr in mail

spider18

Dec 5, 2018
Did you guys end up writing necessary info on the back of the photo for COPR yourself or did you get walgreens to attest it? Is it any different from you doing it yourself?

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Hi,

I sent passports for my parents March 19 and received in Ottawa on March 20.

I forgot to write down tracking number for the Prepaid return envelope. Is there any way to track the return envelope without tracking number

CaribbeanSensation

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Hi,

I sent passports for my parents March 19 and received in Ottawa on March 20.

I forgot to write down tracking number for the Prepaid return envelope. Is there any way to track the return envelope without tracking number
You’ll most likely need the tracking number to track the return envelope. I’d say just expect it back about a week after your application changes to approved.

Reactions: jbhkaur