+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport sent to ottawa 2019 after ppr

SCNU

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi guys/ladies. My passport was received on the 20th of Feb. When do you think I will see or get "Approved" in my portal? How long does it take until I see it?

Reactions: AlexandraO

Linhcan

Nov 2, 2017
Hi everyone,
I have submitted my Passport on Feb 19 and it was delivered on Feb 22.
My PGWP will be expired on Mar 6.
Can anyone advise if I need to apply for Bridging visa? Can I do landing at Border with an expired PGWP even my PR is approved?

Thanks!

dbg1170

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Hi everyone,
Can anyone advise if I need to apply for Bridging visa? Can I do landing at Border with an expired PGWP even my PR is approved?

Thanks!
You can apply for Bridging work Visa but the processing time is 80 days so you will probably get your passport back by that time. Also, if they issue you the COPR, they will cancel your BOWP application because the whole purpose of BOWP is to keep you in Canada WHILE your PR is being processed. When it has been processed (you got your COPR), BOWP makes no sense. I would recommend that you speak with a consultant or directly with IRCC.

I have read on a forum that while flagpoling, it is important that your temporary status in Canada is valid.

Ask IRCC directly over phone.

dbg1170

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
If they do not give you an answer, you can always travel to your home country and come back with your documents.

SCNU

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Whatever you do pls do not be out of status. This is no-brainer. Apply for Brigiding work permit and by doing that you have an implied status. When you are going for your landing take a copy of the receipt of application you made to the border. You wilk be granted and once you get confirmed as PR, cancel your application for and you will get your money back.

Linhcan

Nov 2, 2017
If they do not give you an answer, you can always travel to your home country and come back with your documents.
Hi, This is a great idea, but going back home is very costly, and it's tough for me to take leave now. So, I will apply for BOWP to get the implied status.

Linhcan

Nov 2, 2017
You can apply for Bridging work Visa but the processing time is 80 days so you will probably get your passport back by that time. Also, if they issue you the COPR, they will cancel your BOWP application because the whole purpose of BOWP is to keep you in Canada WHILE your PR is being processed. When it has been processed (you got your COPR), BOWP makes no sense. I would recommend that you speak with a consultant or directly with IRCC.

I have read on a forum that while flagpoling, it is important that your temporary status in Canada is valid.

Ask IRCC directly over phone.
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I talked to my consultant and was informed to wait till one day before expiry date of PGWP.
I will apply PGWP to get the implied status, and land my PR at the Border later.

Linhcan

Nov 2, 2017
Whatever you do pls do not be out of status. This is no-brainer. Apply for Brigiding work permit and by doing that you have an implied status. When you are going for your landing take a copy of the receipt of application you made to the border. You wilk be granted and once you get confirmed as PR, cancel your application for and you will get your money back.
Hi, Thanks for your reply. Yes, I will apply for BOWP to get the implied status. But, do I need to cancel my BOWP application after landing? or CIC will cancel it automatically?
And anotherthing is that my student visa was expired long ago, is it safe to use the immigration visa to land?

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Just got my return tracker activated!!!
PPR: 31 Jan 2019
Passport Sent: 6 Feb 2019
Passport Delivered: 11 Feb 2019
Approved: 20 Feb 2019
Return tracker: Just now! 25 Feb 2019 (8:02 PM Ottawa time)
Hope everyone get yours soon!!;)
I have the exact same timeline, down to the dates of sending and receiving passport, but my return tracker is not activated :(

MissJustice

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
BC
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
Nomination.....
05-2017
AOR Received.
08-2017
Med's Request
01-04-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
I have the exact same timeline, down to the dates of sending and receiving passport, but my return tracker is not activated :(
Same. Not even showing as approved yet.
Sick and tired of checking it every day...