+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport sent to ottawa 2019 after ppr

Josh_math

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Nomination.....
OINP Ph.D. Stream
So what's your plan?
I do know about 2 options, but I'm currently considering what to do.

I have tried getting my local office, but no luck today.
I have usa visa so I will go to the border and maybe spent a night in usa and come back. Not in Niagara region because I only can go on weekend due to work. If you have usa visa and can go on weekdays i recommend you going to niagara region, they have specific day and time to receive us so not excuse for them to be grumpy with us. If you do not have usa visa i would not take the risk to get and entry refusal from usa.

smansuri97

Apr 9, 2018
App. Filed.......
16th august
I have usa visa so I will go to the border and maybe spent a night in usa and come back. Not in Niagara region because I only can go on weekend due to work. If you have usa visa and can go on weekdays i recommend you going to niagara region, they have specific day and time to receive us so not excuse for them to be grumpy with us. If you do not have usa visa i would not take the risk to get and entry refusal from usa.
its been printed... once return tracker activates... its dispatch... keep checking ur canada post tracking number

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
Yes i asked you i am also from visa exempt country so i think it will came fast the Corp but i am under implied status still and thinking of what to do .. i really dont want to wait till i receive my new work permit .. i am from alberta so all tell me to do the landing in Coutts ..when i used to live in Montreal i had done it in the borders that are close to NY but i am not sure for the name.. it was a border crossing for my working permit it was a really good experience.. i think that we will get better service in places that they have bigger volume landings to do because they are used to it and that is what i have seen from my experience...
I went to read about AB border suggestions on our fb group. They are suggesting Coutts, not Carway

Reactions: Neet93 and Eri_

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
Honestly, I have no intentions in going to the states. If I can get the appointment in Feb, I think I'll do it there but if not than it's a border time.
I'll see if someone answers the phone tmr in the local office

Reactions: Eri_

s2patel48

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
Calgary
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
Job Offer........
Yes
So, I got your passport and landing paper back, but cic account still shows in processing?
i hvnt received my passport yet .. But shipping is in progress ..

I have spouse on my file as well and i sent her passport today .. I think after we both get copr it will say approved on gckey

Reactions: SUKHDEEP31

Josh_math

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Nomination.....
OINP Ph.D. Stream
Honestly, I have no intentions in going to the states. If I can get the appointment in Feb, I think I'll do it there but if not than it's a border time.
I'll see if someone answers the phone tmr in the local office
Or the expensive alternative: go to celebrate your PR spending a weekend in the Caribean or Mexico and on your way back get your PR processed in the comfort of the airport.Expensive but effective and stress-free:)

Reactions: ankz001 and Eri_

Eri_

Dec 18, 2018
You may call cic to make an apppointment in your local office. I have heard that it may take 2 weeks to have your appointment. Advantage of this you do not need to go to a border crossing. Alternatively you can go to a border crossing to process your PR on the spot. Disadvantage: 1. Niagara region crossing only process PR tuesday and wednesday from 8 am to 4 pm and they have a limited number of applications per day so you must be there in the morning. All other crossings (sarnia, windsor, ottawa region, st. Sault marie) do not have time or day restrictions 2.You need to flagpole i.e. get out of Canada and return to process your application. If you do not have usa visa you will get an administrative entry refusal and sent back to Canada side and process your PR. I am not sure but being rejected entry from usa may have an impact if later you really need to go to usa ( like being requiered by your job). If you have usa visa then just go for shopping to the american side and on your way back process your PR ( if in niagara region see time day restrictions). Moreover people have been reporting that immigration officers are sometimes grumpy when you show up to process your PR on border as the copr says "if you are not able to make an appointment by phone you can go to the border ....." so they are not happy to have us there to do this ( even though i have not heard of anyone being refuses to process their PR there, just be humble and nice with the officer in case you get the grumpy one)
I had no idea that this is a refusal of visa but i have done it and after 1 month i asked for visitor visa and they gave me the visa without any problem..

Eri_

Dec 18, 2018
Or the expensive alternative: go to celebrate your PR spending a weekend in the Caribean or Mexico and on your way back get your PR processed in the comfort of the airport.Expensive but effective and stress-free:)
yes i want to do that but going back to Greece thats my other alternative...

Josh_math

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Nomination.....
OINP Ph.D. Stream
I had no idea that this is a refusal of visa but i have done it and after 1 month i asked for visitor visa and they gave me the visa without any problem..
Agree. It is not a real entry refusal. But you know, when dealing with the usa immigration system ( and considering the current usa administration :confused: ) it is better not to give them any excuse

mcq111

Nov 23, 2018
I have used coutts before when I went to collect my wifes work permit... pretty easy. The US officers will just direct u to the canadian side and thats all. A friend of mine went to land there last two weeks. No hassle. I am planning on going there on saturday if my passport comes in time.