+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport sent to ottawa 2019 after ppr

abrarv

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hey guys. i just did my landing at Sarnia (Ontario) border, everything went smooth. Thanks everyone in this forum for all your support. Good luck to everyone who is waiting for their passport's hopefully everyone gets it super soon.
PP sent : 4th Feb
PP received : 6th Feb
Application Approved : 14th Feb
Return tracker Activated : 20th Feb
COPR Received : 21st Feb
Landing Completed : 21st Feb
application approved in ecas or gckey?

junjun1106

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Quick question guys... I have a vacation planned to visit hawaii in March. and If I do my landing next week, and can I still travel to hawaii and re-enter canada without PR card? There are so many different opinions on this.. some said I can travel to the US, and some said I cannot travel at all before valid PR card comes out. unless I apply for PR travel document. Is there anybody who has an answer? or did officer mention about travelling outside of canada while doing landing process?

Reactions: AlexandraO

lulucool

Star Member
Jan 8, 2019
Quick question guys... I have a vacation planned to visit hawaii in March. and If I do my landing next week, and can I still travel to hawaii and re-enter canada without PR card? There are so many different opinions on this.. some said I can travel to the US, and some said I cannot travel at all before valid PR card comes out. unless I apply for PR travel document. Is there anybody who has an answer? or did officer mention about travelling outside of canada while doing landing process?
Of course you can’t leave Canada without a PR card. That’s is your travel document. I have a friend who had the same issue. She visited back to her country without getting the first PR card in hand. Instead, she had to shortly apply for a travel document there and got into Canada then. Why don’t you take you passport and COPR to Hawaii in March and finish the landing in the international airport in Canada when you come back? That’s what a lot of ppl do when they have a travel plan out of Canada. I understand everybody wants to finish the whole PR process as soon as possible after a-thousand-year-ish processing time we experienced in the past. The thing is if you get your COPR and have a travel plan out of Canada in the very near future, you’d better do landing when you come back from whatever country you went to.

Last edited:

abrarv

Star Member
May 10, 2017
My wife and kid passport are dispatch back home but no update on gckey or ecas i donot know what will happen. is that they have written it or rejected it.

dbg1170

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
it is showing still in progress in gc key and decision made in ecas, sorry for the confusion.
ECAS shows that a decision is made. In the IRCC system, your application has been approved at back-end. I guess it depends on the officer to change it to approve on the gc key. Maybe some do and some do it after they send the passport back.

dbg1170

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
My wife and kid passport are dispatch back home but no update on gckey or ecas i donot know what will happen. is that they have written it or rejected it.
No one asks for a passport to write rejection on it! If they reject it, they tell you that they have rejected it. Why will they ask you for your passport in such case? I think no one changed it on the back end. That's it.

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Anybody got a similar problem like me with Canada Post!! :(

My tracker was activated on Feb 20. The mail was supposed to be delivered on Feb 21. Delivery guy left Notice on my door to pick up from the nearest Canada post. I went to the post office late night but the guy said that they never received any post letter like this and said may my letter is lost or still in the truck and never delivered to the post office.....

I don't want my Passport and COPR to get lost by Canada Post :(
Seriously!!!!! It's a Passport come on!!

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017

My tracker was activated on Feb 20. The mail was supposed to be delivered on Feb 21. Delivery guy left Notice on my door to pick up from the nearest Canada post. I went to the post office late night but the guy said that they never received any post letter like this and said may my letter is lost or still in the truck and never delivered to the post office.....

Did the delivery notice say pick up time?
Usually it starts next day afternoon or same day- late in evening (after 7pm). May be check that?

Or track the package online and see what it says there for location?

dbg1170

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019

https://www.canadapost.ca/trackweb/en#/home

use the delivery notice card to track if it is possible. Worth a try.

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Did the delivery notice say pick up time?
Usually it starts next day afternoon or same day- late in evening (after 7pm). May be check that?

Or track the package online and see what it says there for location?

It says the same day after 18:00. I checked tracker still the same, the notice left!! So, it never arrived at the post office... I really hope should arrive by the end of the day!

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
It says the same day after 18:00. I checked tracker still the same, the notice left!! So, it never arrived at the post office... I really hope should arrive by the end of the day!
Yes don't worry, sometimes the drivers don't go back to post office till later (has happened to me). So check again today at the post office and hopefully they will have it :)

Reactions: Yesha Dave