+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport sent to ottawa 2019 after ppr

UniMonkey

Feb 5, 2019
Hi guys, I have a question regarding the landing. I received my COPR on Feb 12, however, my WP was expired Feb 1... I have applied extension in Dec 2018, but haven't got it yet. Am I able to landing at POE with the expired work permit? Anyone has suggestion? Thank you!

Eri_

Dec 18, 2018
Hi guys, I have a question regarding the landing. I received my COPR on Feb 12, however, my WP was expired Feb 1... I have applied extension in Dec 2018, but haven't got it yet. Am I able to landing at POE with the expired work permit? Anyone has suggestion? Thank you!
I have the same issue.. my work permit expired Jan 24.. i had applied for the extension December 28 but i am sure we won't get our new permits till end of March as the processing time is 84 days... i called them and asked them what i can do one person told me that is better not to do it and an other agent told me you can do the landing without any issue as soon as you have proof of the application.. they received the copy of the passport 7 February so i am still waiting for my corp.. i also called CBSA but they were not able to give my a clear answer so it really depends.. i think that you can do it without any issue because everything is done and you are just going for the landing... but it's up to you..

Eri_

Dec 18, 2018
Also you always have the choice of calling them and book an appointment on your local office for the landing ..

UniMonkey

Feb 5, 2019
Also you always have the choice of calling them and book an appointment on your local office for the landing ..
Thank you! I guess I'll consider this option. I want to landing at POE because it is an hour drive from my home only.... I submitted the WP extension application at the same day (Dec 28):)

sitareh19

Mar 22, 2016
Thank you! I guess I'll consider this option. I want to landing at POE because it is an hour drive from my home only.... I submitted the WP extension application at the same day (Dec 28):)
If you Google how to validate CoPR, CIC website gives clear instructions. You need to show your passport, CoPR, proof of status, or implied status (proof of mailing/receipt).
I am in the same boat and considering going to the boarder as well since I want to increase my chances for eventual refund for BOWP.

Reactions: Eri_

UniMonkey

Feb 5, 2019
If you Google how to validate CoPR, CIC website gives clear instructions. You need to show your passport, CoPR, proof of status, or implied status (proof of mailing/receipt).
I am in the same boat and considering going to the boarder as well since I want to increase my chances for eventual refund for BOWP.
In that case, I guess we can provide the receipt of WP application fee and the confirmation letter of WP application received. I'll give a shot this weekend. Hope they do not block me at border....

babyteddybear

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Guys, I went to my local IRCC office today wanting to make a landing appointment, but the officer told me I had to make the appointment by calling CIC, the 2100 number. So I called that number and the machine told me to send them an email to book an appointment. But later as I was googling how to validate my COPR on the CIC website, it says I need to submit a web form online. I'm now confused. Should I send an email to which was indicated on the phone, or submit a web form? Are they the same thing? Has anyone done this process and can give me some guidance? Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: kaiyuan0613

Eri_

Dec 18, 2018
In that case, I guess we can provide the receipt of WP application fee and the confirmation letter of WP application received. I'll give a shot this weekend. Hope they do not block me at border....
Let us know how it went.. when i receive the copr i think i will go same day i got tired of waiting