+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Sent/Received in Ottawa in MAY 2015. Join here

RICKYSAINI

Apr 23, 2014
mj_paredes said:
Looks like i am the only one left that the return tracker has not been activated. Worried... :'( :-X :eek:
Yeah mine delivered on 21st may too
And mine still not activated
Hopefully Monday

Bincanada

May 19, 2015
Thito said:
Hello guys, I got a trouble. I just talked with a call centre agent and told me that they already sent my passport back yesterday with tracking number (PG335858***CA). Its the same tracking number of my return envelope. However, the return tracker in not yet active in Canadapost Website. Is there any chance of mishandling by Canadapost? I have read somewhere in the forum about the passport loss case. now I am worried.
It is too soon to worry. We're talking about hours here! Just wait for the shipment. You're fine! ;) I hope to receive the PPR in the next several weeks or months, so I know how hard it is to wait.

toleoring

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
spartacus said:
They asked exactly two questions: are still single? do you have any dependants? I did it at Prescott which is about 45 min drive from my work. I was the only person there and there were four officers! It took less than 30 min. I got a more welcoming look from the CBSA people than the US ones. Oh one more thing I didn't take my work permit with me but the officer was nice enough to let it go. May be it would be a good idea to take that with you in case they ask.
Landed just now. Exact same location (Prescott) and exact same experience :)

Officers at Canada side were nicer and I was also asked about work permit which I didn't have with me. And the officer just let go.

One question: my "refusal of admission" from the US border (i need a visa to go to US but don't have one) does't say flagpole on it but has something like "refused entry to US under the INA regulations per section etc etc" Is it normal?? Will it affect any future US visa applications?

Thanks!

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mj_paredes said:
Looks like i am the only one left that the return tracker has not been activated. Worried... :'( :-X :eek:

Hello! I've also sent my passport same day as yours. Would you be able to tell me how to track my envelope? TIA

devpsd

Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1 15-10-2016 AOR2 2-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
SA 24-10-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
4-5-2017 (passed same day) BGC 11-05-2017 DM 13-05-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
toleoring said:
Officers at Canada side were nicer and I was also asked about work permit which I didn't have with me. And the officer just let go.
One question: my "refusal of admission" from the US border (i need a visa to go to US but don't have one) does't say flagpole on it but has something like "refused entry to US under the INA regulations per section etc etc" Is it normal?? Will it affect any future US visa applications?

Thanks!
when u become permanent resident of Canada, why would u need visa to enter US to begin with unless you want to work there.

toleoring

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
devpsd said:
when u become permanent resident of Canada, why would u need visa to enter US to begin with unless you want to work there.
A PR of Canada from a non visa exempt country (to US) still needs a visa to travel to the States. A little unfortunate..

spartacus

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP: Feb 2014, PR: June 2014
Nomination.....
May, 2014
AOR Received.
21 Jan, 2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
29 Jan, 2015
Med's Done....
30 Jan, 2015, Med received: 06 Feb, 2015
toleoring said:

Thanks!
I asked that question to the US officer he gave me lecture on how stupid the flagpoling was and repeated 10 times it would not affect any US visa application. To be honest I agree with him it was a waste of time for them and for me as well. It doesn't make any sense for inland applicants.

toleoring

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
spartacus said:
I asked that question to the US officer he gave me lecture on how stupid the flagpoling was and repeated 10 times it would not affect any US visa application. To be honest I agree with him it was a waste of time for them and for me as well. It doesn't make any sense for inland applicants.
That's a relief! Yeah I would go with the inland appointment route if it doesn't take months for CIC to arrange one lol

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mj_paredes said:
Mumay, if you have included a self addressed Xpresspost envelop together with your passport, you should have the tracking number of that envelop. You go to canadapost.ca then track it. If it was already sent by CIC it will show that the package has been processed at the post office but if not, it will just show as an invalid tracking number meaning it has not yet been activated.
Thanks for your prompt response. Hopefully tomorrow will be our day.

devpsd

Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
SA 24-10-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
i have a question regarding landing: Whats the con of landing inland at a cic office instead of border. i am an inland applicant. I dont have a car, not sure how to get to the border. anyone who has been though the inland cic process or heard about it.

indocanadian13

Oct 22, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa / CIO-Sydney
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
File Transfer...
God knows
Med's Request
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
03-03-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2015
LANDED..........
01-06-2015
Is there any specific time to land at canadian border at Niagara falls (Rainbow Bridge) or it can be done any time ??

I was planning to land today at 6 PM

Can it be done ?

devpsd

Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
SA 24-10-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
indocanadian13 said:
Is there any specific time to land at canadian border at Niagara falls (Rainbow Bridge) or it can be done any time ??
I was planning to land today at 6 PM
Can it be done ?
You will get all details here. Scrol down to your location and click on it

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/services/hwyb-autof-eng.html

Thito

Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devpsd said:
i have a question regarding landing: Whats the con of landing inland at a cic office instead of border. i am an inland applicant. I dont have a car, not sure how to get to the border. anyone who has been though the inland cic process or heard about it.
My friend did landing at CIC office, London ON, as he personally did not like the concept of Flagpoling, and it went smooth, but a bit of longer waiting time. He was also suggesting me to do landing at CIC office, but I am planning to do on Sarnia/Port Huron Border on Wednesday, because I want to get it done asap. I think It all depends on whichever is convenient.

devpsd

Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
SA 24-10-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
Thito said:
My friend did landing at CIC office, London ON, as he personally did not like the concept of Flagpoling, and it went smooth, but a bit of longer waiting time. He was also suggesting me to do landing at CIC office, but I am planning to do on Sarnia/Port Huron Border on Wednesday, because I want to get it done asap. I think It all depends on whichever is convenient.
Thanks thito. so time seems to be the only difference. i m hoping i will find a way to go to border. cannot wait anymore.

soriano177

Star Member
May 21, 2015
devpsd said:
your proccessing time was fast. i have the same date and i do not have that. what is your career?