+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Return and VFS notice.

devolin182

Dec 13, 2020
Hi there. So I recieved my PPR at the end of November, the passport was sent to Mexico, and I been waiting for the next step.
I just got this notice:

Does anyone know what it means the Canada Visa office center in CVO,

I am just not sure what CVO means.

devolin182

Dec 13, 2020
Ok I managed to find the tracking page.

and it says ".....has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in Mexico City."
I guess it goes to the Visa office first before being sent to me.

Does anyone know if this is returned to me directly or it goes to the VFS centre in my country ? Once it leaves Mexico,

Slycollins

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Ok I managed to find the tracking page.

and it says ".....has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in Mexico City."
I guess it goes to the Visa office first before being sent to me.

Does anyone know if this is returned to me directly or it goes to the VFS centre in my country ? Once it leaves Mexico,
It goes to the VFS office, and you can then go pick it up over there. Best of luck, and congratulations.

devolin182

Dec 13, 2020
It goes to the VFS office, and you can then go pick it up over there. Best of luck, and congratulations.

Hey thanks so much for the good vibes.

One question, I never was able to link my application to my cic account.
So I never really saw those online updates I see a lot of people talk about.

When the passport is being returned to me, would the CIC account show if the application has been approved/denies, or would it only say "decision made"

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada

When the passport is being returned to me, would the CIC account show if the application has been approved/denies, or would it only say "decision made"
If you did not submit your passport with your original application and were instead asked to provide it after the application processed, you've been approved. They don't ask for passports to reject applications.

Reactions: Tamiou

Slycollins

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019

There is a section on your GSKey account that you can link your application to, and when that is done, it would say Approved

devolin182

Dec 13, 2020
There is a section on your GSKey account that you can link your application to, and when that is done, it would say Approved
Yeah a friend told me that.
I cant seem to link it, I tried five times and it can never find the application. So I am locked for today.
I never have been able to link it.

I will try again tomorrow. It seems there was a small error on "Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application ", it should have been 2.
Its my wife who is a Canadian citizen and the sponsor and me being the applicant.

I might post a few screenies tomorrow in case changing that number to "2" still doesn't let me proceed.

Slycollins

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
I cant seem to link it, I tried five times and it can never find the application. So I am locked for today.

I will try again tomorrow. It seems there was a small error on "Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application ", it should have been 2.
Its my wife who is a Canadian citizen and the sponsor and me being the applicant.

I might post a few screenies tomorrow in case changing that number to "2" still doesn't let me proceed.
It has happened to me before, i tried to link a paper base application with my GSkey account, it took several attempt before i was able to. i suggest you call IRCC and let them work you through it; if you are in Canada.

devolin182

Dec 13, 2020
It has happened to me before, i tried to link a paper base application with my GSkey account, it took several attempt before i was able to. i suggest you call IRCC and let them work you through it; if you are in Canada.
Not in Canada, but I could still call them I guess.
Everyones telling me that I am basically done, but knowing that theres a thing I can try to sign up and see "approved" while I wait will lift a big weight I feel, not gonna lie.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada

Your wife, as a citizen, is not part of your application.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Warning, this may vary by country - many VFS offices are only returning by courier, and not allowing in-person pick-up. Hopefully VFS should make this clear when submitted, but their communications are not always consistent.