+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport resubmission

Naresh1219

Jul 8, 2020
Thanks Naresh for all the helpful tips and your thread would help us a lot. I have still few questions regarding vfs appointment and PPR request. Is there any way to contact you like via phone or sms?? Would help me solving my problem , if you can help me out.
Hi Bhuvan,

Please post your questions here. Happy to help you. Please don’t mind as am not sharing my mobile number.

Bhuvan Joshi

Nov 25, 2022
Hi Bhuvan,

Please post your questions here. Happy to help you. Please don’t mind as am not sharing my mobile number.
As my appointment for new passport is on 14th December in Tatkaal , I enquired over there at PSK they told me that your application will go in normal mode not tatkaal mode, as the final decision rest on the passport officer. So after 14th of my appointment i might get it around 25-26 December, and i have already raised webform to IRCC for the extension of PPR and I have the resubmission letter with me safely and I just want to know more about the VFS appointment at that time. How does it work?

Naresh1219

Jul 8, 2020
As my appointment for new passport is on 14th December in Tatkaal , I enquired over there at PSK they told me that your application will go in normal mode not tatkaal mode, as the final decision rest on the passport officer. So after 14th of my appointment i might get it around 25-26 December, and i have already raised webform to IRCC for the extension of PPR and I have the resubmission letter with me safely and I just want to know more about the VFS appointment at that time. How does it work?
Hi,
We can book only one appointment at the VFS with our express entry application number. So when you have your new passport in hand, if you go to the VFS on the old appointment, they will not accept it.
Also, if you try to create a new booking, the system will give you an error saying you have already an existing booking on the application number.
So you need to cancel that and get a new appointment.
Write to Passportsubmission@vfshelpline.com
And mention that you need a new appointment as you are going to resubmit your passport.
VFS folks will take one or two days and they will let you to create a new passport submission appointment on your express entry application number.
I hope I answered your question. Please let me know if you have anymore doubts.

Bhuvan Joshi

Nov 25, 2022
Hi,
We can book only one appointment at the VFS with our express entry application number. So when you have your new passport in hand, if you go to the VFS on the old appointment, they will not accept it.
Also, if you try to create a new booking, the system will give you an error saying you have already an existing booking on the application number.
And mention that you need a new appointment as you are going to resubmit your passport.
VFS folks will take one or two days and they will let you to create a new passport submission appointment on your express entry application number.
Regarding cancelling the old appointment and booking a new one, when shall I write the mail to VFS?? After receiving my new passport? or I can do it like tomorrow?

Naresh1219

Jul 8, 2020
Regarding cancelling the old appointment and booking a new one, when shall I write the mail to VFS?? After receiving my new passport? or I can do it like tomorrow?
Do it tomorrow so that you’ll be able to book an appointment easily when you have your passport.

Bhuvan Joshi

Nov 25, 2022
I tried booking it just to check, they are allowing me to fill everything and asking me for payment as I selected 2 way courier, so what do next?? Shall i go with payment ?As they will not allow me to pay because of my active appointment.

Naresh1219

Jul 8, 2020
I tried booking it just to check, they are allowing me to fill everything and asking me for payment as I selected 2 way courier, so what do next?? Shall i go with payment ?As they will not allow me to pay because of my active appointment.
Mine was, one way courier. So I had to visit the VFS. In your case, if it is allowing for two way courier, then that is a good thing.

I suggest you, not to pay the fee now. Because still you don't have your passport. When you have it, you will get the appointment in one or two days. So if you book it now, no use because now you don't know when your passport reaches you.

Naresh1219

Jul 8, 2020
Did you submit your Old passport as well with new one in the envelope?
No need to submit old one.
just add new passport, resubmission letter and PPR request letter (old or new).
you won’t be able to use your old passport because once the process gets over at the PSK, the last thing the officer will do, is punching a hole on the pp cover and writing that it’s not usable or expired.

Dec 7, 2022
I too got a Passport Damaged mail.Still in the process of getting a new passport.Sadly I don't have much time.My college is starting from Jan 5th .Had to cancel the privious flight for 21st Dec..Now have booked for Dec 30th.Just hoping I will finish the process before that. All I have to say is don't lose hope.I wish IRCC would clearly mention what a damaged passport is in the original passport mail and that they don't accept even the slightest damage.We wouldn't lose so much time then.

Nov 22, 2022
Hi,
Is resubmitted passport processed quickly at IRCC ?

Oct 14, 2022
The re-submission letter that you get gives you extension on timeline. There is no specific timeline. I didn't upload my re-issued passport on the portal. The IRCC uploads the re-issued passport once you send them.
Hey Karan, Hope you're doing well! I'm currently in the same situation and your replies have helped me a lot.

I just have one more question,

I eventually uploaded the pdf of my new passport under the "new passport" section and my status says that the replacement has been uploaded.
my question is do I have to wait for IRCC to send me a new passport submission letter or i can book an appointment and re-submit with the old letter and resubmission letter?

I'm in desperate need of help. Your reply would mean a lot to me, thank you in advance.

Nov 22, 2022
Hey Karan, Hope you're doing well! I'm currently in the same situation and your replies have helped me a lot.

I just have one more question,

I eventually uploaded the pdf of my new passport under the "new passport" section and my status says that the replacement has been uploaded.
my question is do I have to wait for IRCC to send me a new passport submission letter or i can book an appointment and re-submit with the old letter and resubmission letter?

I'm in desperate need of help. Your reply would mean a lot to me, thank you in advance.
Hi ,

You can directly resubmit with old PPR and resubmission letter.

Jan 23, 2023
Hi For My case
The Passport was sent back with a request to upload the medical documents.
Now Medical is completed and added to the IRCC application.
Could you please help me to know how I can get the resubmission letter as I did not receive one when i receive my passport in envelope.