+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport resubmission

KaranB

Jul 16, 2019
Hi, I recieved my ppr and sent it to IRCC. However it was returned unstamped. The resubmission letter mentioned my passport was damaged and I need to resubmit a new passport. As resubmission of new passport will take some time, can my ppr of 30 days get extended? Thanks in advance for response.

yogi299

May 21, 2016
Hi, I recieved my ppr and sent it to IRCC. However it was returned unstamped. The resubmission letter mentioned my passport was damaged and I need to resubmit a new passport. As resubmission of new passport will take some time, can my ppr of 30 days get extended? Thanks in advance for response.
I am in the same boat and my passport returned with the same reason as 'damaged passport'. Can you tell me what process you followed in this case?

KaranB

Jul 16, 2019
I am in the same boat and my passport returned with the same reason as 'damaged passport'. Can you tell me what process you followed in this case?
Hi, I got my passport re-issued. After that, I submitted my new passport with the re-submission letter given to me in by the IRCC in the envelope. After that, I received the stamp on my new passport. I didn't have to file for extension. Keep in mind that you must submit the re-submission with your new passport when you're submitting the passport the second time.

yogi299

May 21, 2016
Hi, I got my passport re-issued. After that, I submitted my new passport with the re-submission letter given to me in by the IRCC in the envelope. After that, I received the stamp on my new passport. I didn't have to file for extension. Keep in mind that you must submit the re-submission with your new passport when you're submitting the passport the second time.
Thanks and I really appreciate your reply! I have few more questions:
  • Is there any way to get new passport quickly?
  • Which category you used to get the new passport? I mean 'Damaged' or 'change in personal particulars' etc.
  • did you got your new passport before the 30 day deadline? or do we get a new deadline with the re-submission?
  • when you got your new passport, did you updated the CIC?
  • Can we book the VFS courier/walk-in appointment using the same old letter or did you use the new re-submission letter?
  • For re-submission, with the addition of your new passport and re-submission letter, did you also send them your old passport and old passport submission letter?

KaranB

Jul 16, 2019
  • Is there any way to get new passport quickly? You can apply for 'tatkal' option.
  • Which category you used to get the new passport? I mean 'Damaged' or 'change in personal particulars' etc. You need to apply for re-issuance of passport due to damage. The Regional Passport Office will determine wether you can apply under 'tatkal' option.
  • did you got your new passport before the 30 day deadline? or do we get a new deadline with the re-submission? I didn't submit my passport under the initial 30-day timeline. However, the re-submission letter that we had received is considered extension. Inform IRCC via a webform and inform them that you've received a re-submission letter and you've applied for re-issuance of passport. In the passport, attach the re-submission letter and the application for passport receipt.
  • when you got your new passport, did you updated the CIC? In my case, IRCC updated my record. When I sent my passport, I got the COPR and visa stam, and IRCC updated my new passport in the portal, and the visa stamp, and COPR.
  • Can we book the VFS courier/walk-in appointment using the same old letter or did you use the new re-submission letter? In order to get the appointment, you need to attach the existing passport request letter. You can also attach the re-submission letter. When you go to the office, inform them about your situation, and they'll help you. In the new envelope, make sure you send the passport request letter and re-submission letter.
  • For re-submission, with the addition of your new passport and re-submission letter, did you also send them your old passport and old passport submission letter? When I went to the vfs office, I had my new and old passport with me but they asked for the new passport. In my new envelope, I had submitted these documents- new passport, passport request letter, re-submission letter, two photos as per IRCC's specifications, and height and weight description. But take your old passport with you to the vfs office, they'll guide you. Don't forget re-submission letter.

KaranB

Jul 16, 2019
  • Is there any way to get new passport quickly?
  • Which category you used to get the new passport? I mean 'Damaged' or 'change in personal particulars' etc.
  • did you got your new passport before the 30 day deadline? or do we get a new deadline with the re-submission?
  • when you got your new passport, did you updated the CIC?
  • Can we book the VFS courier/walk-in appointment using the same old letter or did you use the new re-submission letter?
  • For re-submission, with the addition of your new passport and re-submission letter, did you also send them your old passport and old passport submission letter?
  • Is there any way to get new passport quickly? You can apply for 'tatkal' option.
  • Which category you used to get the new passport? I mean 'Damaged' or 'change in personal particulars' etc. You need to apply for re-issuance of passport due to damage. The Regional Passport Office will determine wether you can apply under 'tatkal' option.
  • did you got your new passport before the 30 day deadline? or do we get a new deadline with the re-submission? I didn't submit my passport under the initial 30-day timeline. However, the re-submission letter that we had received is considered extension. Inform IRCC via a webform and inform them that you've received a re-submission letter and you've applied for re-issuance of passport. In the passport, attach the re-submission letter and the application for passport receipt.
  • when you got your new passport, did you updated the CIC? In my case, IRCC updated my record. When I sent my passport, I got the COPR and visa stam, and IRCC updated my new passport in the portal, and the visa stamp, and COPR.
  • Can we book the VFS courier/walk-in appointment using the same old letter or did you use the new re-submission letter? In order to get the appointment, you need to attach the existing passport request letter. You can also attach the re-submission letter. When you go to the office, inform them about your situation, and they'll help you. In the new envelope, make sure you send the passport request letter and re-submission letter.
  • For re-submission, with the addition of your new passport and re-submission letter, did you also send them your old passport and old passport submission letter? When I went to the vfs office, I had my new and old passport with me but they asked for the new passport. In my new envelope, I had submitted these documents- new passport, passport request letter, re-submission letter, two photos as per IRCC's specifications, and height and weight description. But take your old passport with you to the vfs office, they'll guide you. Don't forget re-submission letter.

yogi299

May 21, 2016
Thanks Karan! This is really helpful. One more question, I was checking the Tatkaal appointment dates and they are available for after 25 days in Delhi. Do you know if there is a way to get an early appointment?

KaranB

Jul 16, 2019
Thanks Karan! This is really helpful. One more question, I was checking the Tatkaal appointment dates and they are available for after 25 days in Delhi. Do you know if there is a way to get an early appointment?
You can visit the regional passport office and ask them for an early appointment. You can also look for different passport offices in your regional passport office's area to get an early appointment.

yogi299

May 21, 2016
You can visit the regional passport office and ask them for an early appointment. You can also look for different passport offices in your regional passport office's area to get an early appointment.
Thanks Karan, I went to the RPO and they asked for an application with a reason on why you need an early appointment? Do have a template of that application? Also do you have template for the Annexure F on how you filled it?

KaranB

Jul 16, 2019
Thanks Karan, I went to the RPO and they asked for an application with a reason on why you need an early appointment? Do have a template of that application? Also do you have template for the Annexure F on how you filled it?
I didn't get an early appointment so I didn't submit any application for early appointment. I had to wait till the appointment date. However, you can write a formal addressing the regional passport office and request for an early appointment date as you're required to re-submit the new passport to the IRCC soon. I didnt have to submit annexure f.

ayushpanwar08

Nov 10, 2022
After how much time you resubmitted your new passport

KaranB

Jul 16, 2019
Was there any deadline for that and did you uploaded your new passport in the cic portal?
The re-submission letter that you get gives you extension on timeline. There is no specific timeline. I didn't upload my re-issued passport on the portal. The IRCC uploads the re-issued passport once you send them.

harleenk

Jan 5, 2021
Is there anybody who have submitted the passport after 30 days period and if there anybody who got the early appointment through RPO officer?