08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Hi all,

I woke up this morning to amazing news: an e-mail from IRCC requesting my passport and two pictures!! I've already sent them to Ottawa with FedEx and they'll be arriving tomorrow before noon. I have two questions:

1. Does this mean that my application for Permanent Residence has been approved?? Please say yes. The only reason I ask is because my status in MyCIC has not changed at all, so I'm not sure if this is normal. It still says that my background check is in progress and that the final decision has not been started.
2. About how long will it take for me to get it back if they receive it tomorrow?

As usual, thank you very much for any information you may be able to provide! This forum has helped me stay sane during this whole process!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VictorCA said:
Hi all,

I woke up this morning to amazing news: an e-mail from IRCC requesting my passport and two pictures!! I've already sent them to Ottawa with FedEx and they'll be arriving tomorrow before noon. I have two questions:

1. Does this mean that my application for Permanent Residence has been approved?? Please say yes. The only reason I ask is because my status in MyCIC has not changed at all, so I'm not sure if this is normal. It still says that my background check is in progress and that the final decision has not been started.
2. About how long will it take for me to get it back if they receive it tomorrow?

As usual, thank you very much for any information you may be able to provide! This forum has helped me stay sane during this whole process!
I haven't been in your position but from what I've read in this forum it is the best sign that your application will be approved. Can't really answer your second question.

Congrats bro ;)

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
VictorCA said:
Hi all,

1. Yep, for all purposes. Officially, you need the visa with the CoPR back, but yes, you've basically been approved
2. 5 days to 30 months, depending on the visa office

Congratulations!

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
CONGRATULATIONS !

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
Thank you so much, everyone, for your replies! I could not be happier! :D :eek:

FedEx delivered my passport to IRCC just a few minutes ago. Aragorn165, when you said 5 days to 30 months....you meant 30 days, right? Haha. Cause that would be 5 days to 2.5 years to get my passport back. My visa office is Ottawa and I live in the US.

I can't wait to move to Canada!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VictorCA said:

FedEx delivered my passport to IRCC just a few minutes ago. Aragorn165, when you said 5 days to 30 months....you meant 30 days, right? Haha. Cause that would be 5 days to 2.5 years to get my passport back. My visa office is Ottawa and I live in the US.

Congrats bro, eat some poutine for me :p

kevon2310

Jul 13, 2016
VictorCA said:

VictorCA

When did you get your PP back from CIC using fedex?
Were you in the US on an H1B visa?

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
kevon2310 said:
VictorCA

When did you get your PP back from CIC using fedex?
Were you in the US on an H1B visa?
Hey Kevon,

You can see my timeline in my signature. It took one business day for me to receive my passport back from the moment the tracker was activated (which happened 6 business days after they received it in Ottawa).

Hope that helps!