+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passport request!!!!

celsantos13

Nov 14, 2009
Hello to All,

Need an advise to everyone please help me.I applied TRV under LCP.All documents was done, passed the medical and then CIC called me to send my passport last month although they did'nt mention until when is the deadline for submission and if my application was approved.But the problem is my employer does'nt give my passport that's why until now I will not be able to send this I dont know what should I do.Is they are ready to stamp visa on my passport.I feel worried about my application that it would be rejected.I called CIC and they called me back and assured me that no need to worry once I got my passport then send so they can finalized my papers.Any suggestions to anybody plssssss help thank you

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
celsantos13 said:
Hello to All,

Need an advise to everyone please help me.I applied TRV under LCP.All documents was done, passed the medical and then CIC called me to send my passport last month although they did'nt mention until when is the deadline for submission and if my application was approved.But the problem is my employer does'nt give my passport that's why until now I will not be able to send this I dont know what should I do.Is they are ready to stamp visa on my passport.I feel worried about my application that it would be rejected.I called CIC and they called me back and assured me that no need to worry once I got my passport then send so they can finalized my papers.Any suggestions to anybody plssssss help thank you
Where are you? What country are you in?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
celsantos13 said:
hello Thank you for your reply.Im here in Dubai.
Well isn't it against the law for the employer to keep your passport? Is there a way for you to borrow it so that you can send it for stamping?

celsantos13

Nov 14, 2009
I tried a lot to borrow but she cannot give.I had plans to call the CIC and inform about this because one of my friend in HK, a friend of her that her employer friend does'nt give her passport then she called CIC and CIC called the emlployer and after this she gave her passport.What do you think is it best.thank you

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inform your company you need your passport for Embassy purpose, if not tell them you will file a case to the labour ministry........ I can tell you for sure Dubai Labour Ministry is very strict with these issues.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
celsantos13 said:
but the problem is my contract and will be finish on january that's why she does'nt want to give my passport
http://propdubai.com/articles/24/index.php

Your passport
There is no law which states that an employee should give his or her passport to the employer. But it has become customary for some employers to retain their employees’ passports. A passport is a document issued by the government of the country and is supposed to be kept in the custody of the passport holder. The law does not mandate that the passport should be kept with the employer. However certain areas have such rules, for example employees sponsored by the authorities in Jebel Ali are required to deposit their passports with the administrative department.

Well from what I have read so far, it is illegal for your employer to keep your passport unless you handle a lot of cash. Also despite the fact that it is illegal there are big companies who still do it.

http://www.paklinks.com/gs/all-views/367948-passport-confiscation-rampant-uae.html

http://www.desertspeak.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18

Even if your contract is till January, your employer still has no right to keep your passport.

vivenhs

Nov 27, 2008
Hi,

January end of contract is very close.

I just think that you can be honest with your employer. Tell that you are exploring opportunities in other countries, you got an offer grom Canada and you need to submit your passport to CIC - assure them though, that you will not pre terminate your contract and you stay untill the end of you contract.

Hope you will be able to work things out. Goodluck!

vivenhs

celsantos13

Nov 14, 2009
Hello!

yup i had plans to tell about that but Im worried that she will get me back in my home country because I want to go in Canada directly from here.Do you think that they will not rejected my application althoug its already one months after they are requesting my passport?Hope that my employer will understand me.Thanks a lot