+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request - What Does This Mean?

mais1990

Nov 3, 2019
Hi, I am a FSW Outland applicant under the EE program. My AOR is 01 NOV. I posted extensively last week regarding the circumstances surrounding my application. My current passport is expiring in August of 2020. I got a request from the London visa office, where my application is being processed, asking me for the following:

Passport/Travel Document: Your medical is valid until 18 September, 2020. However, as your passport will expire in August, 2020, your visa validity will be limited to your passport expiry date. If you do not want your visa validity shortened, please renew your passport and provide our office with the copy of the biopage. This must be received at this office by: 2020/02/28

I am curious to learn if this bodes a good sign for my application or is it hard to tell? I cannot find other people who've been in a similar situation before. Does that also mean my application has passed the other checks? I received a ghost update on 22 and 23 Jan. Thanks all in advance

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
It is approved.

If you want an expiration date beyond august then renew passport and send it as specified.

mais1990

Nov 3, 2019
It is approved.

If you want an expiration date beyond august then renew passport and send it as specified.
Thanks, I also thought the same given how the email is worded. I would be interested in hearing any conflicting opinions on this though....I don’t want to get too ahead of myself

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
I don’t mean to be a hater OP but I disagree with @dr.josemrod I don’t think it’s clear enough
I would agree with @dr.josemrod the reason is that the applicant has received two ghost updates and after that London VO is specifically asking the applicant to send the new passport to avail the full visa validity. They wouldn't bother unless the outcome was positive. At the very least applicant can expect to receive golden email soon.

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Maybe they want to put the OP in security screening and have asked him / her to send the updated passport so they have all the recent and renewed information on file? @dr.josemrod @pkhare23
It maybe true but I think better option for OP would be to call London VO and ask them the status of his application ... It would give him peace of mind.

mais1990

Nov 3, 2019
Interesting comments. I can’t call the London visa office as they don’t have provide a number. I have searched threads here but can’t find anything similar to this. The email doesn’t sound as if they want to put me in screening...that would be rather unfortunate

Cristalk

Jan 27, 2020
Hi, I am a FSW Outland applicant under the EE program. My AOR is 01 NOV. I posted extensively last week regarding the circumstances surrounding my application. My current passport is expiring in August of 2020. I got a request from the London visa office, where my application is being processed, asking me for the following:

Passport/Travel Document: Your medical is valid until 18 September, 2020. However, as your passport will expire in August, 2020, your visa validity will be limited to your passport expiry date. If you do not want your visa validity shortened, please renew your passport and provide our office with the copy of the biopage. This must be received at this office by: 2020/02/28

I am curious to learn if this bodes a good sign for my application or is it hard to tell? I cannot find other people who've been in a similar situation before. Does that also mean my application has passed the other checks? I received a ghost update on 22 and 23 Jan. Thanks all in advance
There is nothing difficult to understand here. Your visa has been approved , but due to your passport expiring in August 2020. Your visa validity has been shortened to that date. However you have been advised to renew your passport and provide a copy before the end of February, in other to lift this limitation. Instead of seeking for more opinions, I will advise you to do the needful as time is running against you.

Reactions: nns14 and zee90999

mais1990

Nov 3, 2019
There is nothing difficult to understand here. Your visa has been approved , but due to your passport expiring in August 2020. Your visa validity has been shortened to that date. However you have been advised to renew your passport and provide a copy before the end of February, in other to lift this limitation. Instead of seeking for more opinions, I will advise you to do the needful as time is running against you.
Thank you, I was wondering that why doesn’t it explicitly say then it’s been approved....

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Thank you, I was wondering that why doesn’t it explicitly say then it’s been approved....
They can't.

The visas are approved once they receive the passports. When you get the PPR it says that in order to finalize application and make a decision you need to send your passports. Once they get them they double check, print and stamp.

What did you end up doing?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Receiving the passport is the last step before the final approval. That's why.

Basically, visa is approved and as soon as you send copy of the passport, you will receive the PPR request.

mais1990

Nov 3, 2019
Than
They can't.

The visas are approved once they receive the passports. When you get the PPR it says that in order to finalize application and make a decision you need to send your passports. Once they get them they double check, print and stamp.

What did you end up doing?
Thank you. They state that when you’re applying for your PR under EE, your passport should have at least six months of validity. As mine is expiring in August 2020, I clearly wasn’t in violation of this request when I submitted my application on 01 nov. So, I hope that, like you said, the uniqueness of this request implies a good sign...

I got my passport renewed today on an urgent basis (paid 3x more) and I expect to have it in 1-2 days. I’m going to blast it over to them via email and mark it as urgent, so they can acknowledge receipt in 1-2 days. I don’t want to wait to hear from them till end of February (that’s when it’s due by). Bad idea?

Last edited:

Lufthansa

Jan 31, 2020

Hello @mais1990, when did you have your medicals? I guess September 2019, judging from your medical expiration date. Asking this to confirm medical validity is a year. Could you please clarify this? Thanks

mais1990

Nov 3, 2019
So, I uploaded my passport today and also sent the London office an email with the attachment to request an urgent decision. I recieved the following response a few minutes ago:

Thank you for your email. We can confirm that your new passport details have been received and updated in our system. Your application is in its final stages. You should expect to receive a final requirements letter from our office within the coming week.

It seems as if my PR has been approved, correct?

Reactions: Cristalk