Passport request- Singapore office- Got it

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i had not checked Ecas for a long time.
Anyway, checked it today and it is still "in process"
Singapore office does not update status at all.
passport has been mailed last week

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Nguyen in my situation is different. My husband sent the passport last week and yesterday Ecas status has changed to decision made but he still didn't receive the official email yet.
I'm not sure they operate differently in every country.
I know it's so stressful at the end especially when ecas status change but hang on there.... the worse part is over :0)

anhstar

Aug 18, 2009
Quebec
I have a question for nguyentu2001!
First my wife is in north Vietnam. My lawyer who helped me fill the application here in Canada told me that it is better to have a canadian mailing address rather then vietnamese one, because the mailman might try to get some money from my wife before delivering the letter from Singapore. I wonder if your wife had any problem like that?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we got our passport back 3 days after e-cas had been changed. All done noe!

To anhstar: Your wife should have an address in Vietnam in order to receiev any mail from CIC Singapore. But you should also have an address in Canada in order to get response for the first approval (from CIC in Canada). I came back to Canada in order to apply to sponsor for my wife since I am a permanent resident not Canadian. If you have your Canadian citizenship, you may apply outside of Canada.

How come the mailman can get your money? If your wife is in the North, you will be dealing with IOM. You are not allowed to send any cash to CIC.

My wife and I are both from Hanoi and we did not use a lawyer. The application process and instruction were very straight forward.

anhstar

Aug 18, 2009
Quebec
First! congrats to you nguyentu2001!
We went to IOM in Hanoi once, to get some info, but since I din't have much time( I was with my wife for 1 month and a half, we had to do alot of paperwork to get the marriage certificat in time) and my wife is living in Haiphong so we decided to do the paperwork in Canada. I wanted to be sure so I got a lawyer to help me.
About the mailman, it's probably just me who got paranoid. So I'm gonna to just change the mailing address for a vietnam address.
I have a question, maybe you can answer me nguyentu2001, about IOM services. Since my wife does not speak english much and she will probably come to Canada alone, I wonder if IOM can help her with the transit guidance and filling paperworks when she will land in Vancouver? I remember me and my mother had that kind of help years ago when we come to Canada. Will your wife need that kind of service too?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IOM does not offer any service once your wife gets to Canada. In fact, she will not need and assistance at all through customers since the process is very fast and straight forward. Your wife does not speak English, they have translator at customs who speaks Vietnamese (there might be a fee applied and you pay for it at customs)

I don't think you need a lawyer to help you fill out forms (it will cost you a lot of money for things that you can do on your own)...of course it's your choice to make.

I just want to be clear here.....Are you doing inland application or outland?

Inland---> your wife is in Canada
Outland--->your wife is outside of Canada

I recommend doing outland since the chances to get a visitor visa is relatively small. And it is faster for us to apply outland (it took me and my wife 6 months in total)

Since you are in Quebec, I strongly recommend you contact jvhd (he is from Quebec and going through the same process as you).

P/s: Neu nhu co gi` can phai hoi thi Anhstar co the e-mail cho minh` o dia chi ntuvn @ yahoo.com

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jvhd said:
Wow, this is even better news! NguenTu and Zeek got passport requests in the same week! congratulations to both of you! Good job well done and patience is rewarded!

With my Canada / Quebec troubles I think I must be delayed about one month with you NguyenTu, so fingers crossed. This is very good news and bring optimism to me. My wife is waiting in Bangkok now...

Keep us updated with the following steps.

- How much time does it take from Passport letter request to actually receive the visa in your passport?
- Can you go in person to Canada embassy to get it done in one day or you must post it?
- What is your visa expiration date to land?
- Confirm that you must land in Canada at date PCC/Medicals date + 1 year?

Zeek, from which country is your sponsoree from?

Great news guys! Very happy for both of you.

Cheers,
Jean
This is jvhd............he is from Quebec.
Maybe you guys can exchange some info as well

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anhstar said:
I have a question for nguyentu2001!
First my wife is in north Vietnam. My lawyer who helped me fill the application here in Canada told me that it is better to have a canadian mailing address rather then vietnamese one, because the mailman might try to get some money from my wife before delivering the letter from Singapore. I wonder if your wife had any problem like that?
By the way, you will be the one who pays all fee in Canada either by credit card or money order. Please visit CIC website for more detail.

IOM is only acting as a delivery point....and there is nothing they can do the affect the immigration process. And you only deal with IOM when your have passport request letter which is at the end of the application process (after at least 5 months)

anhstar

Aug 18, 2009
Quebec
nguyentu2001 thank you :)
I updated my profile so it give our timeline. You see I've paid everything, and we have been waiting for almost 5 months now, the wait start on 24 March 2009, that's when Singapore start processing our file.
Thank you for jvhd info, I will try to contact him for some info.

Anyway, my MP's office told me that they received news that an Immigration Officer opened our case in july, and that's all they know right now. I asked the MP to help me get my wife's Immigration File, so I can change the mailing address to a more secure one in Vietnam.
nguyentu2001 I saw your email address, I'll contact you for some info. Thank you