+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request- Singapore office- Got it

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my wife got a passport request letter from Singapore office yesterday.
-Sponsorship was approved Feb 19 in Canada then transferred to Singapore
-Application was processed on March 30th in Singapore
-No AOR
-Letter received on July 13th

How is it coming along with your application for those whose visa office is Singapore.

Cheers,

zeek

Apr 27, 2008
congrats nguyentu2001 you must be the happiest guy in the world today.
my wife is going threw singapore office also and she did her medical on june 16th and a week later she mailed the police papers then june 26th singapore ask her to mail in 2 more photo's and since then we have heard nothing.

good luck nguyentu and keep us posted.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much guys!
I will keep everyone posted. It seems like Singapore office is not as bad as I thought haha
Oh and I just noticed that the date on the letter is July 6th

Cheers,

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Congratulation, the last step in this process...good luck

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Congratulations! :)

zeek

Apr 27, 2008
hi nguyentu2001, today my wife got passport request letter from Singapore office and she is going to be mailing it today july 16th. im so happy, has your wife mail her passport yet? keep in touch and we can compare our timeline for visa's :)

zeek

jvhd

Dec 28, 2008
Wow, this is even better news! NguenTu and Zeek got passport requests in the same week! congratulations to both of you! Good job well done and patience is rewarded!

With my Canada / Quebec troubles I think I must be delayed about one month with you NguyenTu, so fingers crossed. This is very good news and bring optimism to me. My wife is waiting in Bangkok now...

Keep us updated with the following steps.

- How much time does it take from Passport letter request to actually receive the visa in your passport?
- Can you go in person to Canada embassy to get it done in one day or you must post it?
- What is your visa expiration date to land?
- Confirm that you must land in Canada at date PCC/Medicals date + 1 year?

Zeek, from which country is your sponsoree from?

Great news guys! Very happy for both of you.

Cheers,
Jean

zeek

Apr 27, 2008
to receive that passport back with visa can take 1 week to a month or even longer really hard to say. what i have read on other web site from people that go threw singapore office is latly withen the last 2 month i have seen people get there pp back with 10 to 15 days. so i hope we all get them back that fast.
one person i read lived in singapore and they went to the visa office there and only toke 3 days to get his passport and visa back. i think they proces the visa fast but its the mailing time that takes the most time.
my wifes visa expirtion date to land is 2010 sometime that is when her passport will expire but i think she will have only 60 days to land but im not to sure
im sure you have to land before your medical runs out and that will run out in 2010
my wife is from cambodia.
jvhd check out this website for times just look up singapore and spouse to give you a ideal about times
http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class

nguyentu2001 the date on our letter was july 9th. have you mailed away your passport yet??

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes, my wife mailed the passport 2 days ago. Actually we were requested to deal with IOM in Hanoi...so all she did was to go there pay $35 and they take care of everything.

- How much time does it take from Passport letter request to actually receive the visa in your passport?--> IOM said 4 to 6 weeks

- Can you go in person to Canada embassy to get it done in one day or you must post it?--> I don't think so since my wife is from Vietnam
- What is your visa expiration date to land?->will update

- Confirm that you must land in Canada at date PCC/Medicals date + 1 year?->my wife medical expires in Jan 2010 so we have a lot of time

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
please do confirm - how long are medicals valid?
thank you & congratulations! :)

zeek

Apr 27, 2008
just an update today i check e-cas and they updated it. here is what it said.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on xxxxxxxxx application. The office will contact xxxxxxxxxxxx concerning this decision.

i hope this means that they already mailed my wife back her passport but only time will tell. nguyentu2001 did you get a update on you e-cas