+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request for TRV , but VFS India is not accepting passport

aman1583

May 25, 2021
Hi Everyone
I got the Passport request for a Temporary resident Resident Visa to be submitted before June 3 2021. I am in India and VFS centres are closed for submitting the passport for visa stamping.
I am unable to receive any response from the web form on the IRCC portal.
Please do advise me, if you been through the same situation recently

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone
I got the Passport request for a Temporary resident Resident Visa to be submitted before June 3 2021. I am in India and VFS centres are closed for submitting the passport for visa stamping.
You'll need to wait until VFS centres reopen. Let IRCC know you can't submit your passport at this time due to closures and will do so once VFS reopen.

Reactions: canuck78

Vishal Bhandari&

Apr 2, 2019
Hi Everyone
In which category you have applied and your timeline please??

Pjjack

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
You'll need to wait until VFS centres reopen. Let IRCC know you can't submit your passport at this time due to closures and will do so once VFS reopen.
I got my ppr on April 29th and since vfs is closed in India I can’t submit my passport. I saw a tweet from IRCC India stating that we can submit our passports with expired ppr letter once vfs resumes services. Do I still have to send an email to IRCC even though it says that it would be automatically extended?

Vishal Bhandari&

Apr 2, 2019
I got my ppr on April 29th and since vfs is closed in India I can’t submit my passport. I saw a tweet from IRCC India stating that we can submit our passports with expired ppr letter once vfs resumes services. Do I still have to send an email to IRCC even though it says that it would be automatically extended?
Do you have sponsor from Canada??

Pjjack

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
No I normally live there. I have a job and a home to get back to. I had to come to India for personal reasons.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sounds like it will automatically extended based on the post. You will have to see if you are able to book the passport courier pick-up once VFS opens up again.

aman1583

May 25, 2021
The problem is when I am trying to submit web form to inform ircc that vfs office is close in India and to extend the 30 days window.
Webform doesnt give any response when i try to submit webform

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The problem is when I am trying to submit web form to inform ircc that vfs office is close in India and to extend the 30 days window.
Webform doesnt give any response when i try to submit webform
There offices are closed so everyone gets an automatic extension.