+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request E-Mail

Vercetti

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Hey everyone,

Buffalo e-mailed me back saying that they sent a PPR letter in an e-mail on January 6, 2012 to my correct e-mail address.

Problem is - I never got an e-mail from them. I e-mailed them back asking them to resend it but was wondering if I can go ahead and submit my passport before they respond? Or is there some new information in that e-mail that I will need in order to submit my passport?

Thanks guys!

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
I believe you need to attach that letter along with your PP when you send it. If you just the PP alone, how would they recognize your application and guess what it will delay the entire thing.. Better get in touch with them asap for resolution.

smodhera

Star Member
Dec 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
06-03-2012 AOR : 05-01-2012 Document Requested on November 1st 2012....
Med's Request
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
23-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
looks like a long wait............
LANDED..........
looks like a long wait.............
Vercetti said:
Hey everyone,

Buffalo e-mailed me back saying that they sent a PPR letter in an e-mail on January 6, 2012 to my correct e-mail address.

Problem is - I never got an e-mail from them. I e-mailed them back asking them to resend it but was wondering if I can go ahead and submit my passport before they respond? Or is there some new information in that e-mail that I will need in order to submit my passport?

Thanks guys!
First of all, How come they have send you an e-mail???? Unless you have requested them to do it via email is a secondary thing, but usually they send you regular mail. But in this case I agree with Srinivas.vadapalli's message, contact them ASAP and ask them to send you e-mail back and then send Passport along with their letter.... Also wondering If you can share your timeline as well.... Thank you

Vercetti

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
smodhera said:
First of all, How come they have send you an e-mail???? Unless you have requested them to do it via email is a secondary thing, but usually they send you regular mail. But in this case I agree with Srinivas.vadapalli's message, contact them ASAP and ask them to send you e-mail back and then send Passport along with their letter.... Also wondering If you can share your timeline as well.... Thank you
I was wondering the same thing. I had originally e-mailed asking because I hadn't received a letter in the mail in the 2 weeks since my decision was made. When I asked what address they'd be sending the letter to(my wife's or mine) they responded saying they sent me an e-mail.

Is this not normal procedure?

aminca

Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
AOR Received.
No AOR; Email from Buf on 15/3 says app is "in process"; Ecas updated to "In Process since March 15th" on 19/03
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
03-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
The emails from CIC were going straight to my spam box. Something about all the numbers triggering my email's spam filter. Did you check there recently? I'm not sure how often your spam box is set up to delete, but could you have missed it that way?

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
check your spam folder. And send them your passport with explanation on separate sheet why you are sending it without a request letter. If they said that, they have emailed you a passport request then your application is in process and they are waiting for your passport. So once they receive your passport, they will check their system anyway and make sure that your passport was requested.
still give them a call and make sure if it was requested. If yes, also ask them an exact date so that you can mention that in your letter.

Vercetti

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
It was sent on January 6, 2012. When I went and checked my spam folder it had deleted all messages before January 7, 2012.

Hopefully Buffalo can resend the e-mail.

I don't think its fair that they have us wait for months and months at a time with zero contact then expect us to pick up a VERY important e-mail in our spam folder with no other contact...

So hopefully they will resend it