+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passport not back yet

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
I have submitted my Passport after being requested and posted on 26th June by fedex. Checked online decision made though i have not received it.

My querry can i go there and still study in a univesity as would like to do HR course
My boyfriend is studying nursing and is on his 2nd year. What options does he have. Will it be heard for him to go there with me or can he apply independently. We are on the process of preparing for marriage but it might take 1 year the traditional way( as dowary etc etc)

I will appreciate your help and thoughts and ideas to make it together there in canada.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Re: PR & University

If you're asking whether you can go to school in Canada after you land and get your PR card, the answer is yes. No problem.

I assume your boyfriend doesn't qualify as a common-law partner or you would have needed to include him on your PR application. It's also unlikely CIC would look favorably on a student applicant who wanted to interrupt his studies halfway through to finish them in Canada. So your best choice is to sponsor your boyfriend for PR in Canada after you get married. You can do that after you become a permanent resident and meet the requirements of a sponsor.

If your boyfriend wanted to find out if he qualified to immigrate on his own, he should take the online assessment here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/assess/canada-immigration-visa.htm

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Passport in africa canadian immigration

Thank you very much.

I am really worried. I live in London. I posted my passport to Canadian immigration in africa where my documents have always been processed. They sent me a letter on 25th July 2007 to ask someone to collect the documents as the PR had been issued. I emailed them to let them know that I do not trust anyone with my document if they could send it tome and will pay the charges. The cic asked me to write to them to authorise so that they could courier it. I did email them but to date my emails have not been replied again. Any help you could give thought wise or suggestions. I really want to have my passport back.

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
Re: Passport in africa canadian immigration

martha marita said:
Thank you very much.

I am really worried. I live in London. I posted my passport to Canadian immigration in africa where my documents have always been processed. They sent me a letter on 25th July 2007 to ask someone to collect the documents as the PR had been issued. I emailed them to let them know that I do not trust anyone with my document if they could send it tome and will pay the charges. The cic asked me to write to them to authorise so that they could courier it. I did email them but to date my emails have not been replied again. Any help you could give thought wise or suggestions. I really want to have my passport back.
I would say wait until after August 27. After Monday, if you have not received your passport, then sacrifice and send them a typed fax this time outlining the events and your concern that you have not heard from them over a period of one month. You can request that they respond by fax or by email, stating your email address in the faxed document.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Re: PR & University

I did send a lentter by recorded delivery last week on Friday 25th August 2007 I am hopping they do something fingers crossed.

Got a querry my wedding is planned for December 2007. Any advise of where i will need to send my ppt coz i understand i have to inform the immigration. Can i do it from here or i have to send it to africa again. I am just concerned about sending it to africa again.

infor? would be appreciated.

marita