+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport lost

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hello everyone,

I’m preparing to apply for PR through EE together with my boyfriend (we’re planning to get married this autumn). We’re living in Russia; I’m Russian citizen, while my boyfriend is from Uzbekistan. He is living here since 2012, but several years ago he lost his passport (here, in Russia), went back to his homeland using temporary traveling document issued by the Embassy. He had spent one year in Uzbekistan awaiting for the new passport to be issued before he returned back to Russia. Now he has the passport which can confirm the date he arrived back here and stamps of two his travels to other non-visa countries. He do not remember exact dates of arrival/departure Russia for the first time in 2012, he doesn’t have any plane tickets or other documents which could confirm these dates.
Would this be a problem when applying for PR? What should he write in travel and address history? Approximate dates with no proving documents (with LoE)?

Thanks to everyone in advance

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

I’m preparing to apply for PR through EE together with my boyfriend (we’re planning to get married this autumn). We’re living in Russia; I’m Russian citizen, while my boyfriend is from Uzbekistan. He is living here since 2012, but several years ago he lost his passport (here, in Russia), went back to his homeland using temporary traveling document issued by the Embassy. He had spent one year in Uzbekistan awaiting for the new passport to be issued before he returned back to Russia. Now he has the passport which can confirm the date he arrived back here and stamps of two his travels to other non-visa countries. He do not remember exact dates of arrival/departure Russia for the first time in 2012, he doesn’t have any plane tickets or other documents which could confirm these dates.
Would this be a problem when applying for PR? What should he write in travel and address history? Approximate dates with no proving documents (with LoE)?

Thanks to everyone in advance
Provide your absolute best guess, and explain it in LoE.
It happens.