+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport lost through FEDEX - Nairobi

kennykit

Dec 14, 2009
I was told by the Nairobi office that my passport and visa were sent to me on 17th December through FEDEX. They even provided me with an AWB but till now I have not received anything. The tracking number they gave me is inactive and has no delivery address or parcel attached.

I called them and they are putting all the blame on FEDEX.

Can someone suggest some ideas on what can be done? I need to land in Canada before mid-April and time is running short.

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
kennykit said:
I was told by the Nairobi office that my passport and visa were sent to me on 17th December through FEDEX. They even provided me with an AWB but till now I have not received anything. The tracking number they gave me is inactive and has no delivery address or parcel attached.

Can someone suggest some ideas on what can be done? I need to land in Canada before mid-April and time is running short.
Just call the FEDEX office and inquire, it ll b of help. Complaint to police should be the next step. And also contact Nairobi office telephonically or in person and explain all the matter

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
take it seriously since passports alogn with visas are very valuable and it might be that some of fedex staff is involved in it. immedialty notify police and take the matter furhter. goodluck

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kennykit said:

Brother KennyKIt,
It is very shocking that pp is missing after visa stamp!!!! :eek: :eek:
I can suggest you to go personally to FedEx office check there all incoming package from visa office. If sure that they did not received any thing for you from visa office after 17th December, you may contact visa office personally and request them to check there record again may be there is an error in there communication. There should be log book for dispatching the packages check that log book. Even ask FedEx to check there receiving log book. Please take it seriously and even complaint to higher authority in Canadian embassy itself and to the local police.

Wish you good luck.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
kenny,

You have come a long way waiting for this visa.Do all the members have suggested and also be on the CIC neck and don't take chances at all.Relax,pray and all will be well.
Best of luck

Ig

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very sad. How careless can they be. You must put real pressure on them (FEDEX) to locate your PPT.

Why ???

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
How miserable life could be at times, Immediately Lodge a complain with the Police.
Have that complain copy with you which would be worthful in coming days to make any inquiry with CIC.
Put all pout pressure on FEDEX to locate your package, there are International sydicates those use these kida passports with valid/invalid visas to cheat innocent people wish to migrate to Canada. They end un being caught in different entry points of EU and Asia.

Continously keep updating CIC and they can do it again, its not you to whom this typa lost accident has taken place, they must have some sorta solution. Talk to your nearest CHC.

Keep posted here. We are also worried. But there will be a consolative and practical solution to it. Trust me.

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is a very difficult situation, specially, if someone is working out of his home country.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is a real disaster ! after waiting that long to get the visa (costing money, time, and stress) !, i do not know what to say to you, i hope they can find the passport !

God helps you man.....

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
yaaa... real disaster dear...that tooo fedex........call the police first thing..... :eek:

shakira2009

Star Member
Aug 29, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
first Manila, now Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2005
AOR Received.
06-11-2005
File Transfer...
10-10-2009
Med's Request
25-01-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
25-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2010
LANDED..........
10-09-2010
Hi,

If the police can't do much, consider writing formal complaints (to FedEx in your country/region and also US headquarters) and threatening of a lawsuit.

Hope you get your passport back soon.

arjo1977

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2006
Doc's Request.
30-11-2009
Med's Request
30-11-2009
Med's Done....
26-12-2009
Passport Req..
30-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010 (Toronto)
u must put pressure on FedEx ppl.

dont forget to inform CHC abt any development.

god bless u !!

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kennykit said:

Hi,
KennyKit,

What happen to your passport ? Any Progress .
Pls post update, as every body in this forum want to know about your case.

Best wishes