+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport has "middle name" but COPR/Visa just married name.

nedvert

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Hi there.

When we applied we gave all given names however upon getting our COPR it simply states my wife's married name and no mention of the given middle name (Which is her previous last name, that's how they do things in the Philippines.)

I mean it was never really questioned at all during the process but will this be an issue when we land if her Philippines passport has a middle name but the COPR/Stamp does not?

Throughout our experience, we have always been referred to as first, married name. I don't think that I will have any issues as I believe this is just how it is just want to be sure so that when we land the border agent won't give us hassles.

Any inputs/thoughts would be great.

philcan2428

Jan 12, 2023
Hi there.

When we applied we gave all given names however upon getting our COPR it simply states my wife's married name and no mention of the given middle name (Which is her previous last name, that's how they do things in the Philippines.)

I mean it was never really questioned at all during the process but will this be an issue when we land if her Philippines passport has a middle name but the COPR/Stamp does not?

Throughout our experience, we have always been referred to as first, married name. I don't think that I will have any issues as I believe this is just how it is just want to be sure so that when we land the border agent won't give us hassles.

Any inputs/thoughts would be great.
Hi, any updates? What happened with this? Same with my husband Middle name on passport but not on Visa&Copr? Coming from Philippines, was everything okay?