+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport got lost

galingal

Oct 4, 2012
Hi,.. need advise and will be very appriciated.
I applied for Citizenship in Dec 2011 and got booklet on Jan 2012 (st.clair)
Since then I've been checking online status but notthing shows yet.
I called CIC last month and the answer was nothing wrong in my application and would hear from them a year after my application is received. I just sit tide and try to think positive but inside is worrying as you guys experience.
And here my big issue, my passport got lost and all entries stamps was gone. And I've been travelling once or twice a year for my vacation including travel back to my home country.
I'm thinking of requesting for CBSA records but I have no idea what i will get. I mean is it only entering Canada records?? or departing also?
I have all boarding pass, would it will be enough for proving?
Any ideas will be very appriciated.

taco

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
from what we get in the forum, you are mostly going to receive RQ.
Advise, gather every thing you can from now and have it ready.

kingmaker

Star Member
Feb 21, 2008
U must order the CBSA travel history report as soon as possible....now they r taking 60 days to send you the travel history.....2ndly if you have filed the report in POlice for passport lost then take that original police report of passport lost with you during your test/interview....3rdly get the OHIP report (If you are in Ontario)this is Health department report which shows your visits to doctors etc.....

In your case you need to provide veryyy strong evidence of your physical presence in Canada....get the Bank statements of all previous months which covers your application time frame....also if u able to get the credit card statement....rental lease if any....car insurance proof....income tax return statement.....T4s(if you are working)...experience letter from your employer etc......

Try to take all these doc on your test day....And when you tell the citizenship offer that you lost your passport show all these docs while explaing the situation......with all these thing hopefully you can avoid RQ.....

Hope this answer your question.........