+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport expiry

nittinkumar

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Hi my brother he is in canada on visiotr visa,his passport expired in after 8 mnths,i want to know can he applied new passport in canada

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
nittinkumar said:
Hi my brother he is in canada on visiotr visa,his passport expired in after 8 mnths,i want to know can he applied new passport in canada
Not clear. Will his passport expire in 8 months, or is it expired for 8 months?

Basically, he has to check with his country's consulate/embassy/high commission nearest to him. This is usually not ideal as foreign outposts take longer to issue passports compared to his home country. If he must travel and either the current or renewed passport isn't an option, he can consider getting a travel document to be able to return to his home country (depends if this is an option for your country).

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
An applicant who has visitor status, when s/he is abroad, is not advised to apply for passport renewal. If a passport applicant must renew his/her passport under unavoidable circumstances then yes, do apply when abroad.

Such applications will take longer as it will be processed by the original passport office in India.

Do remember that your brother must have valid visitor status in Canada while his passport renewal application is being processed. This means you must apply well in advance before his passport expires/his visitor status expires