+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport expiration before planned PR emmigration

Lucascoleio

Jul 12, 2019
I am about to submit an application for PR under the spousal sponsorship path from outside Canada, but my UK passport expires in the next 10 months i.e. before the expected processing time for the COPR - will this be an issue, or should I renew my passport early before I submit so the new passport number is on the application form?

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

I am about to submit an application for PR under the spousal sponsorship path from outside Canada, but my UK passport expires in the next 10 months i.e. before the expected processing time for the COPR - will this be an issue, or should I renew my passport early before I submit so the new passport number is on the application form?

Thanks!
1. Renew, it will save time.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thanks!
You can apply with the current passport and just update the app when you get the new passport.

Reactions: YVR123