+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

alainesoliveira

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
But why would you do this when you don't even have the COPR? Mine was delivered on 12/7 and it's not even approved yet. I'm considering withdrawing the application but then who knows how long that will take. It took them one month to reply a web form inquiry.
CoPR processing according to the tracker wasn't taking more than 30/35 days and I'm on a deadline in the US. Never thought it would take this long.

imranece59

Jun 2, 2020
My wife(primary applicant) completed a soft landing this Saturday (13-feb-2021) at the buffalo peace bridge land border. I couldn't go cause my H1b is in extension and planning to do the same after its approval.
I dropped her at the US customs border and hired a taxi which has cross border permit. She dont have license to drive a car otherwise you can use your own car.
Taxi took her directly to Canada customs and below questions were asked by Canada CBP officer
1.not moving permanently?
2.Where is your husband? Why is he not accompanying you now?
3.when are you planning to move permanently?
Somehow she convinced the officer with her answers along with the proof of docs that we prepared.
Finally he agreed and asked Canada address to apply for a PR card and asked her to enroll things to import. Whole process took around 40 mins and Taxi took her back to US border

At the US border she used the Automatic Visa Revalidation process as recently her Change of status happened from H4 to H1. No valid stamping but she was holding a valid H1 approval copy along with non expired I 94.

Things were really smooth at the land border. Hope this helps if anyone is looking for soft landing

Reactions: katanat

imranece59

Jun 2, 2020
55 days since passport delivered and still no news. Hoping this week we will see an approved status
Was your medical extension completed? Or is anyof you or dependent passport is expiring within 6 months? Check with IRCC agent on your medical extended. If not extended they will hold your passport until it's done and send for COPR printing

katanat

Jan 27, 2021
Was your medical extension completed? Or is anyof you or dependent passport is expiring within 6 months? Check with IRCC agent on your medical extended. If not extended they will hold your passport until it's done and send for COPR printing
Our medicals don’t expire until July and they were not requested for extension

BrandonChang

Jan 5, 2021
Well, in that case I assume they would send an email, otherwise how are we supposed to know what they want...

alainesoliveira

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
That sucks. Can you apply for an extension in the US so that you can legally stay until your passport is processed?
I'm good till March 30 so I'm just going to pray that it happens. If I don't hear till March 15 I'll send extension request. I know it's wrong I just don't want to pay the fees if not necessary. This is so frustrating.

Reactions: guruguru1989

RaghuR

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
My wife(primary applicant) completed a soft landing this Saturday (13-feb-2021) at the buffalo peace bridge land border. I couldn't go cause my H1b is in extension and planning to do the same after its approval.
I dropped her at the US customs border and hired a taxi which has cross border permit. She dont have license to drive a car otherwise you can use your own car.
Taxi took her directly to Canada customs and below questions were asked by Canada CBP officer
1.not moving permanently?
2.Where is your husband? Why is he not accompanying you now?
3.when are you planning to move permanently?
Somehow she convinced the officer with her answers along with the proof of docs that we prepared.
Finally he agreed and asked Canada address to apply for a PR card and asked her to enroll things to import. Whole process took around 40 mins and Taxi took her back to US border

At the US border she used the Automatic Visa Revalidation process as recently her Change of status happened from H4 to H1. No valid stamping but she was holding a valid H1 approval copy along with non expired I 94.

Things were really smooth at the land border. Hope this helps if anyone is looking for soft landing
Thanks for shring that .
So you are saying they allowed soft landing during this lockdown and that too without enforcing 14 days quarantine !!

Reactions: guruguru1989

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
I'm good till March 30 so I'm just going to pray that it happens. If I don't hear till March 15 I'll send extension request. I know it's wrong I just don't want to pay the fees if not necessary. This is so frustrating.
from what i found in the ask kuber facebook group, due to lock down IRCC has limited access to the mail room..their clients take 7-9 weeks for the processing of passport.

BrandonChang

Jan 5, 2021
from what i found in the ask kuber facebook group, due to lock down IRCC has limited access to the mail room..their clients take 7-9 weeks for the processing of passport.
Which means even if I withdraw the application it's gonna take eons for them to ship back my passport.
I might as well just go to the consulate and claim I lost my passport...

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Which means even if I withdraw the application it's gonna take eons for them to ship back my passport.
I might as well just go to the consulate and claim I lost my passport...
I think they can confirm whether received the passport if you email Ottawa office but not sure about returning passport... best way is to try after Ontario lock down ends on Feb.22(assume they will end....)

Reactions: BrandonChang

BrandonChang

Jan 5, 2021
I think they can confirm whether received the passport if you email Ottawa office but not sure about returning passport... best way is to try after Ontario lock down ends on Feb.22(assume they will end....)
But when did the lockdown even start? My passport was delivered on 12/7.