+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

futureMP_

Dec 11, 2020
oh man i heard you!
passport delivered to Ottawa on Nov 9 - it's been over one month. any non-Canadian visa office is light years ahead of Ottawa. Ottawa process centre is a blackhole - no clarity, no communication or ambigous/non-informative (due to covid..... duh...)

it's a mess in Ottawa

My passport was delivered to Ottawa on Nov 23. It has been three weeks since then. I called call center on Monday and the agent said usually it takes 3 weeks and advised me to wait one more week. Then today, I called again but got a totally different answer which shocked me. The agent was very nice though. She said she asked a few colleagues of her and got to known that I need NOT to mail my passport to Ottawa at all!!! What I need to do right now is raise a Web Form to let them know I would like to land now.
Btw, I have my spouse outside of Canada and we are longing for a family reunion. He mailed his passport to local VO and has got processed already, but he needs me to be a PR first then he can make his trip to Canada to reunite with immediate family according to recent policies. What a long long journey and an unclear picture for us!!!!!!!!

gdawar

Star Member
Jun 1, 2020
United States
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-06-2020
Nomination.....
15-01-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
Ottawa requested new photographs for my wife today, after approving my application yesterday. I am planning to send the new photographs today which should reach by tomorrow.

Any idea if this delays the process any longer than the couple of days added?

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
My passport was delivered to Ottawa on Nov 23. It has been three weeks since then. I called call center on Monday and the agent said usually it takes 3 weeks and advised me to wait one more week. Then today, I called again but got a totally different answer which shocked me. The agent was very nice though. She said she asked a few colleagues of her and got to known that I need NOT to mail my passport to Ottawa at all!!! What I need to do right now is raise a Web Form to let them know I would like to land now.
Btw, I have my spouse outside of Canada and we are longing for a family reunion. He mailed his passport to local VO and has got processed already, but he needs me to be a PR first then he can make his trip to Canada to reunite with immediate family according to recent policies. What a long long journey and an unclear picture for us!!!!!!!!
Newest update guys! After I hung up the call with that very helpful and nice agent, I submitted a web form to claim landing following her advice. Then after minutes, my file was approved and received digital COPR and I was asked to submit photos to Vancouver Office for PR card.

Last edited:

Pray4PR247

Aug 2, 2017
Newest update guys! After I hung up the call with that very helpful and nice agent, I submitted a web form to claim landing following her advice. Then after minutes, my file was approved and received digital COPR and I was asked to submit photos to Vancouver Office for PR card.
Awesome congrats

Reactions: Shamrock16

HelloCanada910

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
07-11-2019
Hi,
I just found from UPS that mine was also delivered to 2303. It's been a week almost and when I called IRCC they said they don't see it in system. When I called UPS Canada, they said they will put request to get it delivered to 365 address. Did you have to do anything similar or did passport end up in IRCC in a timeline manner?
Thanks!
It ended up in timely manner, I received COPR and passport within 2 weeks.

ukncanada89

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
does anyone know after we get the copr how long is it taking to get pr card from ottawa office as we submitted copr n a photo they requested?

sagarp20

Jan 25, 2020
My passport got delivered on Dec 4th and on Dec 10th they updated my application status as Approved. But since then I do not see any update on returning my passport.

thirdpage

Oct 17, 2019
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
27-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2020
My passport got delivered on Dec 4th and on Dec 10th they updated my application status as Approved. But since then I do not see any update on returning my passport.
I am in the same boat as you (same delivery and approved date). Why not allow some time. 10th is Thursday and it generally takes between 1 to 7 days for the passport to be returned after approval.

kt1000

Dec 10, 2020
Hi
Has anybody used UPS for deliver and return from Ottawa? Mine is showing Shipped and In transit from Ottawa on Dec 10, 8.50p on UPS website. But then within 20 minutes it started showing delayed due to operating conditions. Called customer service but all they said that most probably it didn't get loaded on the truck in Ottawa but ofcourse the rep was not sure. He asked me to wait till Monday, when I might see some update as nothing will happen on weekend. I found that strange and told him it was overnight but all he would do is apologize. Not sure what to do now besides wainting till tomorrow.
Anybody else had this problem?
Thanks

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all, is there someone who received a call by CIC? I appreciate if you can let me know how long adter you got any update. Thank you