+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

tizahu

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Besides the outliers of people who sent passports during peak covid times, how long is it taking people to get CoPRs back? Any insight from the spreadsheets?

akrj2020

Apr 4, 2020
Nice. Mine was Approved on Aug-26, but still waiting for the return tracker to be activated. In US without passports and Medical ending on 12/5. Did you made any specific request to get it or the regular forms.
It has been over a month then. Does your application show the counterfoil numbers and expiry date after it was approved ? I contacted them through IRCC web form and sent a email directly to the Ottawa office. Those two were my primary means of communication.

Aryan2020

Apr 11, 2020
It has been over a month then. Does your application show the counterfoil numbers and expiry date after it was approved ? I contacted them through IRCC web form and sent a email directly to the Ottawa office. Those two were my primary means of communication.
Yes, it shows the counterfoil number and expiry date as 12/5.

florindel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
thank you for you answer really appreciated!
if you don't mind me ask.. did your medical already expired? if so did they extended them automatically?
I'll tell you my case in detail just in case it helps you even though your case isn't same as mine.
I was so worried about what to do because my medicals would expire last May, too.
I sent some emails to them, but didn't get any answer about it.
I thought it would have just expired after the expiration date of my medical exam.
However, after receiving my GCMS notes, I realized that my medicals had already been extented before they created my COPR.
In my case, according to the GCMS, they reviewed for extension, and then it had been extended. I think they extended my medicals because it was supposed to expire soon when they created my COPR.
I am not sure, but I think if they decide you need another medical exam again after reviewing for extension, they will contact you, otherwise they will just extend expiry date.
I hope it will help you.

Last edited:

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I'll tell you my case in detail just in case it helps you even though your case isn't same as mine.
I was so worried about what to do because my medicals would expire last May, too.
I sent some emails to them, but didn't get any answer about it.
I thought it would have just expired after the expiration date of my medical exam.
However, after receiving my GCMS notes, I realized that my medicals had already been extented before they created my COPR.
In my case, according to the GCMS, they reviewed for extension, and then it had been extended. I think they extended my medicals because it was supposed to expire soon when they created my COPR.
I am not sure, but I think if they decide you need another medical exam again after reviewing for extension, they will contact you, otherwise they will just extend expiry date.
I hope it will help you.
yes it did help thanks. I guess they are extending the medical for everybody then.. also I believe that if they need something they will ask for it...
thank you for been here, I really appreciated it.

Reactions: florindel

Cndu

Jul 22, 2020
Just an update:
I received an email this morning stating the passport photo I sent was rejected. An hour later received another email asking me to check my profile, which I did: my counterfoil document have been processed and my profile is now showing “Final Decision: October 5, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.”
I have already taken another photo from a professional this time, last time was from Walgreens and the new photo will be delivered to Ottawa tomorrow.
Thats nice, I sent my packet today and it will be delivered tomorrow. fingers crossed.

Chrobik

Jun 28, 2019
Hi, is there anyone who is still waiting for COPR? The copy of my father's passport was delivered on June 22, 2020 and I can't get any response from Ottawa or through web form.

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Hi, is there anyone who is still waiting for COPR? The copy of my father's passport was delivered on June 22, 2020 and I can't get any response from Ottawa or through web form.
I sent my passport copy the 8th of march they received the 10th of march. Still waiting for my copr over 7 months...

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi All,
Need help! I sent passport to IRCC at 365 Laurier avenue. FedEx shows it was delivered to 60 Moodie Dr, Ottawa (Department of Defense). Just want to check if their offices are shuffled for some reason or did FedEx screwup. Request you guys to check your delivery address please. Raised with FedEx too, awaiting response.

Much appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited:

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Hi All,
Need help! I sent passport to IRCC at 365 Laurier avenue. FedEx shows it was delivered to 60 Moodie Dr, Ottawa (Department of Defense). Just want to check if their offices are shuffled for some reason or did FedEx screwup. Request you guys to check your delivery address please. Raised with FedEx too, awaiting response.

Much appreciated!

Thanks
Ontario is back to phase 2 so not sure what is happening there... For best info I think you should call FedEx maybe they will give you some explanation.

pvatsa

Jul 22, 2020
Hi everyone!
I have not been following the thread lately but thought of sharing our experience as it might be of some help or hope to someone. :)

Well, we got our COPR around August end (check the timelines below) and at the time we were in the US.

FSW - PNP Outland
AOR Nov 2019.
PPR email - August 6th 2020
Passports sent on 12th August 2020, reached Ottawa on 13th August
IRCC account updated on August 27th, stating that the application is complete and approved with the counterfoil numbers available.
Fedex notification of package getting picked up August 27th
Package reached us back with passports stamped on August 30th
COPR expiration date - 30th Sep 2020 as our medical was expiring on 21st Sep 2020.

Well, we crossed the border on Sep 15th and completed our 14 days mandatory quarantine on 30th Sep.

Our experience of crossing the border: - We reached the Canadian border around 3.30 after getting our car exported from the US custom office. Upon reaching, the Canadian immigration initially wasn't sure if we were allowed to enter Canada as our COPR was issued in Sep and not in March. He wasn't completely sure as he wanted to double check the changed rules which were in effect a couple of days ago only. He went in and checked and came back with the good news that as per the new rule we can enter Canada on PR IF ONLY we are doing a hard landing and not a soft one. He asked us couple of questions regarding our situation and status in the US just to make sure that we aren't doing soft landing and do not plan to go back to the US after 14 days quarantine period. We explained him that our visa is expiring in the US and so is our COPR and hence we have no plans of going back to the US. Once he was convinced, he took all the necessary documents and checked our quarantine plan. The whole process took around 1.5 hrs and after all the paperwork they graciously welcomed us and congratulated us on becoming Permanent Residents of Canada.

If you plan to cross the border during Covid times, Few points to note:

- We bought the necessary groceries from Buffalo before crossing the border and the border agents were totally fine with that. There is a list on IRCC website which states what and what not you can bring in terms of food, so follow that.
- We had all our required documents that needed to be filled at the border printed and filled before hand which saved some time.
- We had an Airbnb reservation with all the necessities for 15 days to complete our 14 days mandatory quarantine.
- We were not doing a soft landing and had all the answers to prove that it is definitely a hard landing. Would say DO NOT TRY doing a soft landing as if they will probably send you back.
- We diligently did not step out of our house where we quarantined for 14 days and were also checked upon twice during that period by phone calls from the immigration department.
- Due to Covid, the whole process happened in the parking lot with us being in our car the whole time. We only went inside the immigration office to sign the good to follow and good we are carrying paperwork at the end.

Overall, it wasn't tough at all crossing the border at this time and the agents were very polite and nice through out the process. :)

Aryan2020

Apr 11, 2020
Hi everyone!
I have not been following the thread lately but thought of sharing our experience as it might be of some help or hope to someone. :)

Well, we got our COPR around August end (check the timelines below) and at the time we were in the US.

FSW - PNP Outland
AOR Nov 2019.
PPR email - August 6th 2020
Passports sent on 12th August 2020, reached Ottawa on 13th August
IRCC account updated on August 27th, stating that the application is complete and approved with the counterfoil numbers available.
Fedex notification of package getting picked up August 27th
Package reached us back with passports stamped on August 30th
COPR expiration date - 30th Sep 2020 as our medical was expiring on 21st Sep 2020.

Well, we crossed the border on Sep 15th and completed our 14 days mandatory quarantine on 30th Sep.

Our experience of crossing the border: - We reached the Canadian border around 3.30 after getting our car exported from the US custom office. Upon reaching, the Canadian immigration initially wasn't sure if we were allowed to enter Canada as our COPR was issued in Sep and not in March. He wasn't completely sure as he wanted to double check the changed rules which were in effect a couple of days ago only. He went in and checked and came back with the good news that as per the new rule we can enter Canada on PR IF ONLY we are doing a hard landing and not a soft one. He asked us couple of questions regarding our situation and status in the US just to make sure that we aren't doing soft landing and do not plan to go back to the US after 14 days quarantine period. We explained him that our visa is expiring in the US and so is our COPR and hence we have no plans of going back to the US. Once he was convinced, he took all the necessary documents and checked our quarantine plan. The whole process took around 1.5 hrs and after all the paperwork they graciously welcomed us and congratulated us on becoming Permanent Residents of Canada.

If you plan to cross the border during Covid times, Few points to note:

- We bought the necessary groceries from Buffalo before crossing the border and the border agents were totally fine with that. There is a list on IRCC website which states what and what not you can bring in terms of food, so follow that.
- We had all our required documents that needed to be filled at the border printed and filled before hand which saved some time.
- We had an Airbnb reservation with all the necessities for 15 days to complete our 14 days mandatory quarantine.
- We were not doing a soft landing and had all the answers to prove that it is definitely a hard landing. Would say DO NOT TRY doing a soft landing as if they will probably send you back.
- We diligently did not step out of our house where we quarantined for 14 days and were also checked upon twice during that period by phone calls from the immigration department.
- Due to Covid, the whole process happened in the parking lot with us being in our car the whole time. We only went inside the immigration office to sign the good to follow and good we are carrying paperwork at the end.

Overall, it wasn't tough at all crossing the border at this time and the agents were very polite and nice through out the process. :)
Thanks for sharing your experience in details. This is really helpful. Wish you a great new beginning.