+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

Leopoldwdb

Jun 9, 2020
Hello all
- As of September 18 I have received my COPR! I'm an outland applicant, and have been waiting since mid-march. There were problems with the shipping - probably a result of the long amount of time between printing the shipping label and the actual shipping. I didn't get an email or anything, I only figured it out because I decided to test the tracking number just in case and it turned out there was a package in transit.

The next step is to determine if I will have any problems travelling up to Canada, as there's a lot of contradictory information out there re. travel restrictions - however this page (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved) appears to make it pretty clear that we are exempt from restrictions if we're coming from the US to settle permanently (does anyone else know anything about this?)

Reactions: bunny9090 and Meggg

bluebb

Mar 27, 2020
Hi all, I saw this news about IRCC offices starting to open in certain areas.
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/09/ircc-gradually-resuming-in-person-services-0915819.html#gs.g8j47o
Not sure how true this is since I don't see any official announcement on IRCC's website.

Can anyone verify this? If this is true, then I really hope they will start processing all those on-hold applications! =)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/gradual-resumption-in-person-services-sep-2020.html

Reactions: joy857

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020

joy857

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
so just Etobicoke and Montréal are open for pr office?
now my worry is that they will change again the procedure from email back to mail... I feel like this will actually make things more messier...
sorry for my negativity.
plus ontario is having lots of cases of covid again...

I don't think they are planning to go back to mailing unless to mail your passport back. The post mentioned they will contact people by email. I think what they are doing now is a test run on selected locations to see the reception and then apply it to more locations with revisions from these test places.

coolcanada123

Aug 26, 2020
After talking to my attorney, here is a more accurate sequence of events for my application.

PPR: May 25 2020
Passports Delivered to CPC-Ottawa: July 6 2020
Email Received from CPC-Ottawa: July 24 2020 - "We would like to verify the Applicants current country of residence and address."
Email Sent to CPC-Ottawa: July 24 2020 - Confirmed that we are in Canada along with our address.
Email Received from CPC-Ottawa: Aug 4 2020 - "Please note that we returned your original documents without a Confirmation of Permanent Residence or permanent resident visa being issued. We want to assure you that this does not affect the decision of your application. In order to help you accordingly we would like to verify all applicants current residential address."
Email Sent to CPC-Ottawa: Aug 4 2020 - Reconfirmed we are in Canada along with our address and asked if we will be getting landing done over email/phone.
Email Sent to CPC-Ottawa: Aug 18 2020 - Followup to the previous message as we still didn't receive passport (the return envelope also not activated yet), no status update on the application and no response for previous email.
Called IRCC Customer Care: Aug 27 2020 - Checked about the passports status as we still didn't get any response fro CPC-Ottawa and still not received passports back. The customer care rep told, there is no status on the application about our passports being returned. They told, mostly passports are still with CPC-Ottawa and asked us to contact them again to get a status update.

We will be sending another email too CPC-Ottawa soon, but not sure when we would get any response from them and how long all this will go on.
Update: Our application is approved and received the PR confirmation documents in the email today. Ours is an inland application, so they waived off the landing requirement and we are PR holders starting today.

Our passports sent to CPC-Ottawa are still not came back. We received an email on Aug 4th that they are sending the passports back. But, the return tracking number is not activated yet and they are completely gone silent on our emails and web forms etc. So, we still need to track them down.

And, need to apply for the PR cards via mail and our attorney told now they are taking around 4 months to send the PR cards. So, need to wait and see how that goes.

But, overall, at least a one big wait is done and I hope everyone else waiting here would receive a positive response soon.

Reactions: bunny9090

Meggg

Jul 27, 2020
It finally happened and i cannot believe it! I got the email this morning with CoPR and my online application has finally been changed to approved. (even though my GCMS notes told me it was approved in March...). I'm to send my photos and COPR to the Vancouver office so i'm not even sure why i had to send a return envelope to Ottawa with my photos/passport copies in March, i've been obsessively checking the tracking on the return envelope every day which hasn't served my mental health very well. Now to try to cancel my BOWP application and get a refund on that. I'm officially out of Implied Status which is the biggest relief.

FSW - EE Inland Applicant
AOR September 8th 2019
PPR March 11th 2020
COPR September 24th 2020

slinkyhead

Jun 1, 2020
Congrats to folks who are getting their documents. Who all still is waiting on their COPR after sending passports/passport copies to Ottawa? I've been waiting since mid-March, from the US.

Reactions: velniasvelninis

florindel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
It finally happened and i cannot believe it! I got the email this morning with CoPR and my online application has finally been changed to approved. (even though my GCMS notes told me it was approved in March...). I'm to send my photos and COPR to the Vancouver office so i'm not even sure why i had to send a return envelope to Ottawa with my photos/passport copies in March, i've been obsessively checking the tracking on the return envelope every day which hasn't served my mental health very well. Now to try to cancel my BOWP application and get a refund on that. I'm officially out of Implied Status which is the biggest relief.

FSW - EE Inland Applicant
AOR September 8th 2019
PPR March 11th 2020
COPR September 24th 2020
Wow!! Congratulations!!!
I am so happy for you. Finally, you got COPR
I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know where your primary and second visa office are on your GCMS? And could you tell me the email address that you received COPR today?

Thank you and congratulations again!

Last edited:

Meggg

Jul 27, 2020
Wow!! Congratulations!!!
I am so happy for you. Finally, you got COPR
I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know where your primary and second visa office are on your GCMS? And could you tell me the email address that you received COPR today?

Thank you and congratulations again!
Thank you! There does seem to be a lot more good news lately so hopefully the backlog is getting cleared up for you guys.
Primary office was Ottawa, Secondary was Centralized Intake Office. I just got the default donotreply@cic.gc.ca email saying my CIC account had been updated and to check my messages where i found my application status had changed and i had the CoPR document in my messages.

Reactions: joy857

florindel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
Thank you! There does seem to be a lot more good news lately so hopefully the backlog is getting cleared up for you guys.
Primary office was Ottawa, Secondary was Centralized Intake Office. I just got the default donotreply@cic.gc.ca email saying my CIC account had been updated and to check my messages where i found my application status had changed and i had the CoPR document in my messages.
Thank you so much for your reply!!
Does that mean you didn't receive any other emails or phone calls from IRCC before you received the email that your CIC account was updated, right?

Meggg

Jul 27, 2020
Thank you so much for your reply!!
Does that mean you didn't receive any other emails or phone calls from IRCC before you received the email that your CIC account was updated, right?
Nope, haven’t had any non-generic replies to web forms or CPC-Ottawa email in months.