+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I feel you. Same here. It's been over 6 months. No matter how specific the questions are e-mailed, they either don't reply at all or just send a generic covid19 related reply. I don't know what else I can do. I'm so frustrated. Do you happen to know where your visa office is? According to GCMS note, my primary office is Centralized Intake Office. Second office is Ottawa.
Hi Florindel "happy" to hear we are still together in this ending-less wait... even though I wish we were not ....
anyway... I understand your "happiness" to have company, last week I almost thought ircc forget about my application...
I am inland applicant but I did pnp not express entry not sure if that change something...
I have no idea where my application is so yesterday I asked for my gcms notes then i will know... how long did it take to received your notes?
also is your estimate waiting time expired yet?

joy857

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
Hi Florindel "happy" to hear we are still together in this ending-less wait... even though I wish we were not ....
anyway... I understand your "happiness" to have company, last week I almost thought ircc forget about my application...
I am inland applicant but I did pnp not express entry not sure if that change something...
I have no idea where my application is so yesterday I asked for my gcms notes then i will know... how long did it take to received your notes?
Same here! I'm not sure where is my visa office and have just ordered my GCMS notes too. Right now the GCMS notes might take as long as 2 months based on the time advised on IRCC but I hope I'm wrong!

florindel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
To bunny9090 and joy857
It took me only two weeks to get GCMS note. It was so useful. I could see many things that I was wondering about through it. I could see that my medical examination was extended, that my application was approved, and that my COPR was created and sent for printing on March 12.
I still haven't received the COPR created on March 12, though:(
Although I don't know what happened for 6 months after it was sent for printing and there was no update on my IRCC account, I think I was able to wait like this long thanks to GCMS note.
It's gonna help you a lot, too.
I am thinking of applying for GCMS again now.

Reactions: joy857

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
To bunny9090 and joy857
It took me only two weeks to get GCMS note. It was so useful. I could see many things that I was wondering about through it. I could see that my medical examination was extended, that my application was approved, and that my COPR was created and sent for printing on March 12.
I still haven't received the COPR created on March 12, though:(
Although I don't know what happened for 6 months after it was sent for printing and there was no update on my IRCC account, I think I was able to wait like this long thanks to GCMS note.
It's gonna help you a lot, too.
I am thinking of applying for GCMS again now.
thank you so much for your answer! I appreciated!
when I will get mine I will let you know for updates and where the practice is...
today I called again ircc and as last time they told me hang tight and be patience and wait. sigh :(
hopefully we will have some good new next week.

Reactions: florindel

florindel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
We have been waiting for over 6 months..
But the silver lining is, we are not alone here. My estimated completion date for PR application was February. It already passed long time ago. I am an PNP EE.
Let's hang in there a little bit more:)

alexdorman

Jun 22, 2020
Outland U.S. applicant, spousal sponsorship
Application sent: Nov 2019
Passport copy and accompanying documents sent: March 2020
Passport copy received by CPC-Ottawa: March 13
Application approved: Sep. 11
FedEx tracker activated, packaged picked up: Sep. 14
COPR received: Sep. 17

I'm so sorry to the people that are still waiting on their COPR. This process has been the cause of so much nightmarish anxiety for all of us during this already scary time in the world, relying on some people in an office somewhere shuffling papers around that will determine our futures, but if possible I do want to send a little bit of electronic hope to you guys out there, as I was extremely lucky to have received my COPR recently. I hope it gives you some encouragement to know that the IRCC are still processing these applications, because honestly I felt COMPLETELY hopeless, as some of you still do now, that this process would end for me any time in the next 6-12 months. Then after checking my cic.gc.ca GCKey account and FedEx tracking multiple times a day every day for six straight months since March, and many e-mails, web forms requests, and phone calls, on Sep. 11 I saw my application had been approved, and one business day later, my FedEx tracker was activated and picked up by FedEx in Ottawa. The shipment itself was its own week-long nightmare for me, but after spending every day this week on the phone with FedEx doing re-routes and talking to ten different customer service reps trying to make sure they didn't lose this vitally important package, I finally have the COPR in my hands. I have to credit FedEx customer service for all their best, if imperfect efforts. Another gargantuan organization that is simply not equipped to deal with the speed of their own machinations in this time of crisis. The next anxiety was trying to figure out if United Airlines would let me board the plane when I plan to go to Canada this October, but it seems like the "immediate family" exception to the travel ban will work out, as it did when I visited my wife in June, especially now with COPR in hand (despite a big watermark on it that says NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL, which I've learned just means it's not a travel document and I still need my passport), so now I'm finally resting a little easier. Again, I am so, so sorry to the people whose lives are still up-ended because of this, and I wish I could do or say something to help ease your pain, but all I can say is try to keep a reasonable amount of communication open with the IRCC and your respective visa office if you can, (without being rude to them, I always assumed that wouldn't help? but not kissing their ass either?) and if possible, try to stay patient and not let the stress from this process bring you down as it brought me down for so long. The IRCC are a massive bureaucracy and could definitely have handled this entire Covid mess far better, but they are still working every day, and I trust and pray those of you still waiting will get some relief soon, and if not soon, then that you stay as strong and patient as possible in the knowledge that your file is not in some guy's couch somewhere, as was my fear for so long. From the bottom of my heart I wish you guys the best of luck for a speedy resolution.

singhbill

Aug 11, 2019
I’m the main applicant inland, My spouse is Outland.
I have sent my passport copy on the 25th March, 2020. I am still waiting.

Do any of u guys have dependents Outland?

slinkyhead

Jun 1, 2020
Outland U.S. applicant, spousal sponsorship
Application sent: Nov 2019
Passport copy and accompanying documents sent: March 2020
Passport copy received by CPC-Ottawa: March 13
Application approved: Sep. 11
FedEx tracker activated, packaged picked up: Sep. 14
COPR received: Sep. 17

I'm so sorry to the people that are still waiting on their COPR. This process has been the cause of so much nightmarish anxiety for all of us during this already scary time in the world, relying on some people in an office somewhere shuffling papers around that will determine our futures, but if possible I do want to send a little bit of electronic hope to you guys out there, as I was extremely lucky to have received my COPR recently. I hope it gives you some encouragement to know that the IRCC are still processing these applications, because honestly I felt COMPLETELY hopeless, as some of you still do now, that this process would end for me any time in the next 6-12 months. Then after checking my cic.gc.ca GCKey account and FedEx tracking multiple times a day every day for six straight months since March, and many e-mails, web forms requests, and phone calls, on Sep. 11 I saw my application had been approved, and one business day later, my FedEx tracker was activated and picked up by FedEx in Ottawa. The shipment itself was its own week-long nightmare for me, but after spending every day this week on the phone with FedEx doing re-routes and talking to ten different customer service reps trying to make sure they didn't lose this vitally important package, I finally have the COPR in my hands. I have to credit FedEx customer service for all their best, if imperfect efforts. Another gargantuan organization that is simply not equipped to deal with the speed of their own machinations in this time of crisis. The next anxiety was trying to figure out if United Airlines would let me board the plane when I plan to go to Canada this October, but it seems like the "immediate family" exception to the travel ban will work out, as it did when I visited my wife in June, especially now with COPR in hand (despite a big watermark on it that says NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL, which I've learned just means it's not a travel document and I still need my passport), so now I'm finally resting a little easier. Again, I am so, so sorry to the people whose lives are still up-ended because of this, and I wish I could do or say something to help ease your pain, but all I can say is try to keep a reasonable amount of communication open with the IRCC and your respective visa office if you can, (without being rude to them, I always assumed that wouldn't help? but not kissing their ass either?) and if possible, try to stay patient and not let the stress from this process bring you down as it brought me down for so long. The IRCC are a massive bureaucracy and could definitely have handled this entire Covid mess far better, but they are still working every day, and I trust and pray those of you still waiting will get some relief soon, and if not soon, then that you stay as strong and patient as possible in the knowledge that your file is not in some guy's couch somewhere, as was my fear for so long. From the bottom of my heart I wish you guys the best of luck for a speedy resolution.
Thanks for your empathy. Very happy that this nightmare has ended for you, and it gives us something to hope for.

Jun 1, 2020
Hi, If you don't mind, could I ask something? Are you an inland applicant? Do you happen to know where your visa office is?
Thanks
I was inland applicant and sent my passport copies to Ottawa office. Although I left Canada later on as my visa was expiring. I've contacted CIC couple of times, but didn't get any meaningful response, they just asked to wait.

Reactions: florindel