+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

fara81

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
I think the expiration matches the date your medical examination expires.
Good to know that your application has approved. Could you please let us know how long did it take to get the GCMS note result?
I just sent a note to see if my application approved. I sent my passport on March 5th and no update so far. It drives me crazy.

JoeyDi

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2019
AOR Received.
23-09-2019
Good to know that your application has approved. Could you please let us know how long did it take to get the GCMS note result?
I just sent a note to see if my application approved. I sent my passport on March 5th and no update so far. It drives me crazy.
It took me a little bit less than a month, I applied on March 25th and I got it yesterday.

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
I received an email from IRCC saying my PR application is approved. I login IRCC and see the application is approved on Apr 20. The passports were received by them on Mar 9. After 42 days, finally....
Received passports and CoPRs today. The approval date shows Mar 12. That means the PR is already approved more than 1 month ago but just IRCC is not updating the information on portal and not sending it back.

According to the travel restriction exemption on PR approved before Mar 18, I guess I can go to the land border and do landing today or tomorrow given that I will quarantine in Canada for 14 days.

Reactions: averma92

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Received passports and CoPRs today. The approval date shows Mar 12. That means the PR is already approved more than 1 month ago but just IRCC is not updating the information on portal and not sending it back.

According to the travel restriction exemption on PR approved before Mar 18, I guess I can go to the land border and do landing today or tomorrow given that I will quarantine in Canada for 14 days.
Big congrats!

Reactions: harrysummer

JoeyDi

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2019
AOR Received.
23-09-2019

Congrats! Keep us updated if you decide to do you landing soon!

cancan0505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020

Congrats! Did you send the passport from the US?

DaChui

Mar 21, 2020

Hey Buddy, I believe that the landing at the borders now are closed. Flagpole is not considered essential at the borders. I would be cautious going to the borders at the moment and wait for further notices.

But In case you are successful with landing process at the border, Could you please update us? I am in the same situation and COPR expiring soon
Thanks a lot

luv908

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Did anybody from the US receive their passport recently?
Someone did receive their passports back in USA, saw it on another forum.

Quoting..
"Our passports were delivered to CPC Ottawa on March 11 from USA. Case got approved Monday (04/20/2020) and got our passports Tuesday (04/21/2020). We received the approval email on Tuesday (04/21/2020)"

Reactions: hangar1318

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hey Buddy, I believe that the landing at the borders now are closed. Flagpole is not considered essential at the borders. I would be cautious going to the borders at the moment and wait for further notices.

But In case you are successful with landing process at the border, Could you please update us? I am in the same situation and COPR expiring soon
Thanks a lot
Hi, DaChui. Thanks for the remind. I did some research afterwards and read what others are doing after receiving inland CoPR. Now I think the best strategy for me is to just wait. I see a few people in this forum start to receiving a email announcing their PR statuses are activated automatically without landing. I guess IRCC is looking on more flexible procedures for inland PR applicants. So, I would rather not risking travel to the border and just stay at home.

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020

Thanks a lot
If your COPR is expiring soon. I think you should send a web form asking IRCC to extend your COPR?