+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

bajwaboy

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
inland applicant based out of Toronto, received the same request and submitted my passports + photos to CPC Ottawa on April 27; was delivered to CPC on April 28 / 29; no updates since.
Curious to understand why you think we wouldn't have to do landing
You have submitted passport and picture after passport request , i am saying i have recieved request to submit Photos for PR card after receiving my passports back .. basically in landing they ask for photo and address for PR card which they have already asked in email , thats why

jps1987

Mar 2, 2020
I have sent it around mid March and still waiting . No updates on IRCC account as well
If you look on immitracker, not one person who submitted a passport copy has had theirs returned or application approved. My feeling is they’ve prioritised the passports first.

Reactions: ViktorZ

gabi1984

Feb 25, 2019
Dear all - My wife sent her passport in March from the US and it got delivered to Ottawa on March 17th. on Friday, they mentioned that her COPR is approved but they dont have any update on her passport processing time and when it would be returned. can anyone here know / advise, indicatively, how much longer would it take for them to ship the passport back after COPR?

Skutty89

Dec 1, 2019
If you look on immitracker, not one person who submitted a passport copy has had theirs returned or application approved. My feeling is they’ve prioritised the passports first.
I have sent my passports only. Not copy of it.

Skutty89

Dec 1, 2019
Dear all - My wife sent her passport in March from the US and it got delivered to Ottawa on March 17th. on Friday, they mentioned that her COPR is approved but they dont have any update on her passport processing time and when it would be returned. can anyone here know / advise, indicatively, how much longer would it take for them to ship the passport back after COPR?
I have the similar timeline. And I am still waiting to receive my passports back. Upon enquiry, they have sent a generic reply that they will send the passports back as soon as the process is complete and they are on minimal operations due to covid situation. Good luck !

gabi1984

Feb 25, 2019
I have the similar timeline. And I am still waiting to receive my passports back. Upon enquiry, they have sent a generic reply that they will send the passports back as soon as the process is complete and they are on minimal operations due to covid situation. Good luck !
true but based on other responses here, i see many around this timeline have got their passports back. so its unclear how they are prioritizing them..

Reactions: Skutty89

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
true but based on other responses here, i see many around this timeline have got their passports back. so its unclear how they are prioritizing them..
Keep in mind that the cases reported in these forums and on the immitracker are just an unknown % of the total amount of cases they are processing.

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
I tend to agree, but you need to also look at the number of cases where applicants sent passport copies vs passports. I counted about 3 approved "passport copy"-cases since March on immitracker but at the same time there are only about 10 total cases. Hard to draw conclusions when the data for passport copy is so underrepresented.

gabi1984

Feb 25, 2019
Keep in mind that the cases reported in these forums and on the immitracker are just an unknown % of the total amount of cases they are processing.
agreed... i dont deny that - passport is a critical document that they should aim to return as soon as possible or atleast make an attempt to provide an ETA. Its unfortunate they are not able to provide ETA and end up stating COVID as a reason (which is true though)

Jd10083

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
agreed... i dont deny that - passport is a critical document that they should aim to return as soon as possible or atleast make an attempt to provide an ETA. Its unfortunate they are not able to provide ETA and end up stating COVID as a reason (which is true though)
I agree also that people who sent actual passports should be prioritized but for everything else they should be processing in the order they come in.

I’ve seen others post here who skipped the ppr stage and went straight to pr. if true it’s very frustrating as they applied weeks after me.

I’ve already been in implied status for months before covid waiting for a bridging visa and I have not been able to visit home because of it and now it’s looking like when I do eventually land I still won’t be able to leave as I’ll be waiting an eternity for pr card.Just want this whole incredibly frustrating process to be over.

sorry that’s the end of my long rant! :) Hopefully we all get copr or automatically land soon!

Jamesdee

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Got Confirmation of Permanent Residency email today from CIC-Etobicoke-Landings (landed on May 29th).

Timeline:

Request for passport: 12-MAR-2020
Passports sent: 12-MAR-2020
Passports delivered: 13-MAR-2020
Bulletin 2 - March 18th, 2020
Application approval: 07-MAY-2020
Return tracker activation: 12-MAY-2020
Passports back in hand: 15-MAY-2020

CoPR expiry: 05-SEP-2020

You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on May 29, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident.

Confirmation of Permanent Residency email received on June 3, 2020

Reactions: JoeyDi