+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport - can one of the references be a guarantor?

MapleTraveller

Jun 22, 2014
I was told that to apply for Canadian Passport one needs to find a guarantor and 2 references. I was wondering if it means that we need 3 people (guarantor + 2 separate persons as references) or do we just need 2 people (one person that would be a guarantor and a reference at the same time + second person that would be a reference)?

Dec 4, 2020
I was told that to apply for Canadian Passport one needs to find a guarantor and 2 references. I was wondering if it means that we need 3 people (guarantor + 2 separate persons as references) or do we just need 2 people (one person that would be a guarantor and a reference at the same time + second person that would be a reference)?
Guarantor and references have to be different people so no a guarantor can't be a reference.

If you read the application form and the instructions, it's clearly in there.

Reactions: bellaluna

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
You need 3 people. Neither of your references can be your guarantor.

Reactions: bellaluna