+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport applications submitted in Canada- processing times for new passport

cdc

Mar 17, 2015
Hello,

I will send my Canadian passport application form to the Surrey BC passport office on Monday morning May 30, 2016. The Passport Canada web site mentions that Application submitted:
In person at a passport office: 10 business days

I hope that I could receive the new passport on or before Friday June 10, 2016 because I plan to travel to US on Sunday June 12, 2016.

Would you please share your experience how long does it take for you to apply and receive your new passport?

Thank you !!

PinkMagnolia

Apr 8, 2016
if you have prove that you will travel shortly send a proof for that with your application (hotel and/or flight confirmation)

we became citizens on May 3rd and applied on May 5th in Surrey Central City office. since my husband needed to travel for work 4 days later he paid for express service (110 CAD fee), and he could pick up his passport on May 6th. My son and I received our passports by mail on May 11th. But we applied in person at the office, not sending our applications by mail.

cdc

Mar 17, 2015
Thank you PinkMagnolia.

I will have my oath ceremony next week. I plan to apply my first new Canadian passport at Surrey Central City office as well.
If I go there the next day after my oath ceremony day, do you think the Passport Canada office will accept my application?
Is there anyone could share your experience?

Thanks !!

PinkMagnolia said:
if you have prove that you will travel shortly send a proof for that with your application (hotel and/or flight confirmation)

we became citizens on May 3rd and applied on May 5th in Surrey Central City office. since my husband needed to travel for work 4 days later he paid for express service (110 CAD fee), and he could pick up his passport on May 6th. My son and I received our passports by mail on May 11th. But we applied in person at the office, not sending our applications by mail.

umxian

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
I applied for new passport on May 13th, the officer told me it will mail to me on May 27th, yesterday I got Canada post delivery. It's my passport. I was so surprised. I didn't request urgent process. It only take 3 business days. I am in Winnipeg.

DAEMON SALVATORE

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 11, 2011
AOR Received.
January 16, 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 5th 2012
LANDED..........
July 13th 2012
Is it necessary to wait 48 hours after we receive citizenship certificate to apply for canadian passport. Also when we are applying in person from passport office do we need to fill the form and go or is there any facility to fill the form there? I have my oath on June 9th at Borden, ON

cdc

Mar 17, 2015
Thanks umxian.

umxian said:
I applied for new passport on May 13th, the officer told me it will mail to me on May 27th, yesterday I got Canada post delivery. It's my passport. I was so surprised. I didn't request urgent process. It only take 3 business days. I am in Winnipeg.

cdc

Mar 17, 2015
Thanks DAEMON SALVATORE. You can get the Canadian passport application form at any Canada Post branch. 48 hours? this is the same question I have right now.

DAEMON SALVATORE said:
Is it necessary to wait 48 hours after we receive citizenship certificate to apply for canadian passport. Also when we are applying in person from passport office do we need to fill the form and go or is there any facility to fill the form there? I have my oath on June 9th at Borden, ON

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have to wait 48 hrs I applied 19 May even with the long weekend got it 23 May yesterday applied normal processing in Mississauga Ontario