+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passing through a dilemma: plz help me

Finland2015

Sep 8, 2015
Hi,
I am passing through a dilemma nowadays. I am a Pakistani living in Finland. I can apply for citizenship in Finland after 3 years. Recently, I got a scholarship in Canada to pursue my PhD.
I am unable to make a choice: should I prefer to live in Finland and get citizenship here? ( but there are veryyyy less job opportunities)
Should I move to Canada and enjoy fully funded scholarship? But I am concerned what would happen once I finish my studies? Do you think I can find a good job and PR soon after I finish my studies? For how many years I'll have to wait for PR?

Please give your advice, if you are familiar with situation in Canada? I really need guidance.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Get your Finnish citizenship.

2. After 1., then apply for PHD & study permit in Canada.

You've given very little other qualifying information, but on what you've given, I'd go for the above options.

Otherwise, what qualifications do you currently have? What job do you currently have in Finland? What PHD would you be looking at studying in Canada, and what job would you eventually want to do in Canada if you come here?

Finland2015

Sep 8, 2015
Lammawitch said:
1. Get your Finnish citizenship.

2. After 1., then apply for PHD & study permit in Canada.

You've given very little other qualifying information, but on what you've given, I'd go for the above options.

Otherwise, what qualifications do you currently have? What job do you currently have in Finland? What PHD would you be looking at studying in Canada, and what job would you eventually want to do in Canada if you come here?
Hi,
Thank you for your msg. I got scholarship to pursue my phd in religious studies in canada. I want to do job in teaching and research after phd. In Finland, I have already started my phd at the university of Helsinki. Since, job situation is not good in Finland, I am doing odd job right now.