+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pass port is with CIC-Delhi, Need to go INDIA Urgent

ram_gsv

Dec 13, 2011
Hi,

i had sent my passport from canada to CIC-New delhi for PR stamping on Nov 1st 2011. still waiting for them to send that back. i am in canada with work permit.

now it's very urgent for me to go india to support my family, how can i go?

1) sent a letter to embassy to send my passport back immediately, as i need to visit india. i told them to put my application on HOLD, so that i will resubmit PP once i am back to Canada. but no effect

please suggest me what to do, can i apply for emergency travel document?

need your valuable suggestions

Superhero

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 25 2017
AOR Received.
Apr 13 2017
Hello Brother:

I guess u shd submit ur passport in person that's a good way...but as u mention that ur already submitted than u must hv to wait....n CIC Delhi ll send ur passport to ur address in India....they ll not send u back in Canada.....bcoz there are protocol in India, nobody can send passport via mail outside of country....thats what I know...I hope I am wrong n u can get ur passport back here in Canada....

ram_gsv said:
Hi,

i had sent my passport from canada to CIC-New delhi for PR stamping on Nov 1st 2011. still waiting for them to send that back. i am in canada with work permit.

now it's very urgent for me to go india to support my family, how can i go?

1) sent a letter to embassy to send my passport back immediately, as i need to visit india. i told them to put my application on HOLD, so that i will resubmit PP once i am back to Canada. but no effect

please suggest me what to do, can i apply for emergency travel document?

need your valuable suggestions

ram_gsv

Dec 13, 2011
Superhero said:
Hello Brother:

I guess u shd submit ur passport in person that's a good way...but as u mention that ur already submitted than u must hv to wait....n CIC Delhi ll send ur passport to ur address in India....they ll not send u back in Canada.....bcoz there are protocol in India, nobody can send passport via mail outside of country....thats what I know...I hope I am wrong n u can get ur passport back here in Canada....
i am requesting them to send my passport india address only, but thing is i can;t wait. i need to visit india with emergency, can i apply for emergency travel document ?

or can i with draw my application or ask them to put on HOLD to get my PP back? how much time it will take to get my PP back if i with draw my application?

mike17

Feb 20, 2012
Hi Ram

thats surprising, even I had submitted my passport on Nov 1st, and I m currently in toronto. Even we have an emergency and we have requested the pp back, they replied that they will send it back,,but even after 20 days we havent got it back....did u get it....