+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Partial deferal of bundled program. Effect on study permit?

NightShade93

Mar 17, 2022
Hi all,
I have applied for a study permit based on my acceptance letter for a bundled 2 year program, in September intake. This program is a 1+1 program provided as a bundle by college and treated like a single program.

Since I think there's a chance my study permit approval won't arrive before course start, I tried to defer. But the next available intake for bundled program was after an year. The first year program alone is available in January intake.

I contacted the college to know my options. They said I could defer first program only. In that case, what happens to my study permit of 2 years?

Will I have to apply for a new study permit? Or use the same permit to add another program when the first one ends?

please let me know

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi all,
I have applied for a study permit based on my acceptance letter for a bundled 2 year program, in September intake. This program is a 1+1 program provided as a bundle by college and treated like a single program.

Since I think there's a chance my study permit approval won't arrive before course start, I tried to defer. But the next available intake for bundled program was after an year. The first year program alone is available in January intake.

I contacted the college to know my options. They said I could defer first program only. In that case, what happens to my study permit of 2 years?

Will I have to apply for a new study permit? Or use the same permit to add another program when the first one ends?

please let me know
Do you have study permit? or you applied and decision has not been made? if the answer is yes, then you will need to extend your study permit if you defer and your bundled program runs after SP validity.