+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Part time masters in quebec on pgwp

ai1080

Aug 6, 2018
Hello,

I completed a masters degree from Toronto and have a post grad work permit valid till oct 2019.

I now have a job offer in montreal. I would like to do a part time masters from university of montreal alongside the job.

Will i need to apply for study permit to do the part time masters ? Would applying for the study permit make the work permit invalid ?

Once i begin working in montreal, can i extend my post grad work permit or apply for pr from quebec ? How long would it take approximately to get a pr in quebec ?

Thanks,
Arun

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I completed a masters degree from Toronto and have a post grad work permit valid till oct 2019.

I now have a job offer in montreal. I would like to do a part time masters from university of montreal alongside the job.

Will i need to apply for study permit to do the part time masters ? Would applying for the study permit make the work permit invalid ?

Once i begin working in montreal, can i extend my post grad work permit or apply for pr from quebec ? How long would it take approximately to get a pr in quebec ?

Thanks,
Arun
You need a study permit to take a masters part time. I don't know if applying for the study permit would make your work permit invalid.

No - you won't be able to extend your PGWP. A PGWP is something you only get once and it cannot be extended based on additional studies.