+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

part time job salary while studying?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just think : living in Canada and working even abroad you have to pay taxes in Canada. At least file Tax Return. What income will you show there? From what source? Correct answer is from WORKING.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just think : living in Canada and working even abroad you have to pay taxes in Canada. At least file Tax Return. What income will you show there? From what source? Correct answer is from WORKING. Do you think CIC will not have question to you after that? ;) Or you just want to work in secret without filing Tax Return? Well, your choice and all consequences also will be yours.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
Regina said:
Just think : living in Canada and working even abroad you have to pay taxes in Canada. At least file Tax Return. What income will you show there? From what source? Correct answer is from WORKING. Do you think CIC will not have question to you after that? ;) Or you just want to work in secret without filing Tax Return? Well, your choice and all consequences also will be yours.
Either you are not getting it or may be I am wrong.
Let me try to explain.

If someone from your home country send you some money in Canada, who will ask you about it? What CIC has to do with it?
Similarly, if I got a job from Elance, I completed it and got money in my virtual account. Where is the CIC interference in that?

To the best of my knowledge, there is no working limit or something in case of freelancing (work from home i.e at Odesk, Elance, Freelance, etc.). You have money in your virtual account. You can use it anywhere. CIC has nothing to deal with it!

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
usman_14pk said:
Being an IT student/professional, you can do as much freelancing (work at home i.e elance, odesk, freelance, etc...) as you can.
I have no restriction AROUND THE GLOBE.
I asked where you got that from. Source. Legal information. Regulations.

SOURCE!

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If someone from your home country send you some money in Canada, who will ask you about it
Are this money a gift? Then nobody cares. Is this money a salary and you do not report it on your Tax return? Then you are a lair.

CIC has nothing to deal with it!
You do not understand simple but very CANADIAN thing. If you lie about your income to Canada Revenue Agency not declaring your income as a "Canadian resident for tax purposes" (do not mix it up with Permanent residency), in Canada you are a lair.

If you are a lair CIC does care about that. ;D

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
itstime said:
I asked where you got that from. Source. Legal information. Regulations.

SOURCE!
There is nothing like "where you got that from".

Some ask you to complete his/her homework. You do so and in reward he/she pays you some bucks in your virtual account (it is not the Canadian bank account and has no interference of SIN or something).

Now where is CIC in all this story????? What is so complex in this which is hard to understand and from where I bring the rules for that. There is nothing complex in it so rules for WHAT?

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
Regina said:
Are this money a gift? Then nobody cares. Is this money a salary and you do not report it on your Tax return? Then you are a lair.
This is not the fixed salary which you are getting every month!
Read my previous post to this one, may be you get the clear idea.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is not the fixed salary which you are getting every month!
What part do not you understand? Too much info I guess.
OK, I try once more.
ANY person who lives in Canada longer than 183 days a year + has some sort of residency and ties in Canada HAS TO DECLARE ANNUAL income from any country worldwide. Period.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
ANY person who lives in Canada longer than 183 days a year + has some sort of residency and ties in Canada HAS TO DECLARE ANNUAL income from any country worldwide. Period.
Exactly!

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
usman_14pk said:
There is nothing like "where you got that from".

Some ask you to complete his/her homework. You do so and in reward he/she pays you some bucks in your virtual account (it is not the Canadian bank account and has no interference of SIN or something).

Now where is CIC in all this story????? What is so complex in this which is hard to understand and from where I bring the rules for that. There is nothing complex in it so rules for WHAT?
I guess they require some government issued document before and verification and before you receive money.

What you can do is create an account in your resident country get it verified there and use the same account to bid and get work in Canada still i am pretty sure elance would be checking the country you had registered with and the country you are using the account.

Now to break this you will need a person in your resident country to bid on your behalf and then send you the details via some other means like email. :p

Quite tricky i guess :D

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess they require some government issued document before and verification and before you receive money.
What for? TO open bank account?
You do so and in reward he/she pays you some bucks in your virtual account (it is not the Canadian bank account and has no interference of SIN or something).
No. Is is called CASUAL JOB and you have to declare it all by yourself. (Welcome to Canada! ;) :))
If you do not, you are a lair and will have to accept consequences.

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
Regina said:
What for? TO open bank account?No. Is is called CASUAL JOB and you have to declare it all by yourself. (Welcome to Canada! ;) :))
No to start using websites like elance and odesk.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
singh-ak said:
What you can do is create an account in your resident country get it verified there and use the same account to bid and get work in Canada still i am pretty sure elance would be checking the country you had registered with and the country you are using the account.
There is no need to create a bank account in some country.
Your "Virtual Account" is more than enough :)

Sabbircoyg

Sep 17, 2014
My university tuition fee is 13.5K per year and i am going as a transfer student
so will need less that 4 yrs to complete my undergrad,
and my parents are going to pay for my first year tuitions
and i have found a place to live off campus which is relatively cheaper compared to dorm and my parents are going to support all my living expenses
so my question is excluding that can i earn enough by doing 20hr a week job during studies and work long hour jobs during the vacations to at least earn 70 to 80 percent of my tuition fees ?
PLEASE help!!!!