+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PARIS VISA OFFICE

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
My wife landed today on day 174! from start to landing was a little under six months in total.

@aladaw she kept the copr in its original envelope until landing at the cbsa. they want it signed in their presence. she landed at yvr vancouver and it took a little more than an hour in total. they just asked basic questions about criminal record, marriage, kids, to see if anything has changed, and asked for a forwarding address for the PR card.

hope all goes well for the rest of paris applicants:)
Hi @Jaywill thank you so much for your posts even though your wife has landed, the info you share is incredibly helpful! My husband will be landing in Vancouver - hopefully mid-March.

The COPR is just a letter? I also thought it was a visa or stamp in his passport. When your wife arrived, did they interview her? Or was it mostly just simple questions? I wont be with my husband, so maybe I can share your experiences with him too :)

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
Hi @Jaywill thank you so much for your posts even though your wife has landed, the info you share is incredibly helpful! My husband will be landing in Vancouver - hopefully mid-March.

The COPR is just a letter? I also thought it was a visa or stamp in his passport. When your wife arrived, did they interview her? Or was it mostly just simple questions? I wont be with my husband, so maybe I can share your experiences with him too :)
My pleasure always happy to hellp:)the copr is just a piece of paper and they give you a counterfoil which uses up a whole page of the passport. If you google canada counterfoil passport youll see what it is. Its expiry date is of course 12 months from medical. All prs get interviewed at entry Just briefly ensuring the marriage, dependant, criminal record is the same( no proof required) and also to provide an address for the pr card.

Last edited:
Reactions: canuser

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
My pleasure always happy to helpThe copr is just a piece of paper and they give you a counterfoil which uses up a whole page of the passport. If you google canada counterfoil passport youll see what it is. Its expiry date is of course 12 months from medical. All prs get interviewed at entry Just briefly ensuring the marriage, dependant, criminal record is the same( no proof required) and also to provide an address for the pr card.
Thank you @Jaywill - you are always so kind in your posts! I just nearly had a panic attack because I never thought about the transit/stopover situation with flights. Did your wife have to stopover anywhere before Vancouver? If so, did she need to apply for a special transit visa?!

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
Thank you @Jaywill - you are always so kind in your posts! I just nearly had a panic attack because I never thought about the transit/stopover situation with flights. Did your wife have to stopover anywhere before Vancouver? If so, did she need to apply for a special transit visa?!
You need to check with the country you transit through. My wife transited through germany frankfurt which doesnt need a visa if you are just connecting. If you have a visa for canada and an itinerary showing travel all the way through you are fine. You just cant leave the airport or stay too long or connect to another schengen country.

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
You need to check with the country you transit through. My wife transited through germany frankfurt which doesnt need a visa if you are just connecting. If you have a visa for canada and an itinerary showing travel all the way through you are fine. You just cant leave the airport or stay too long or connect to another schengen country.
Perfect! @Jaywill you just made me feel so much better!! My husband is thinking of connecting (4 hour layover) in Frankfurt. We will confirm with Lufthansa to make sure :) THANKS AGAIN :) :) :)

Reactions: Jaywill

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Did you have to pick up the luggage? We found a website saying this:

Airport transit privilege does not apply in the following cases and you will need to get a visitor visa if:

1. You have to pick up your baggage and/or have to check-in again
  2. You are transiting through two or more airports in the Schengen Countries
  3. You have an open ticket
  4. Your stay in the international transit area more than 12 hours

canuser

Dec 7, 2017

Airport transit privilege does not apply in the following cases and you will need to get a visitor visa if:

Yes, this is great to know! He is flying lufthansa flights only - so no baggage pick up. It will be checked all the way through!

He has our cat, which may cause him to check and recheck his belongings. I will have to confirm that... :)

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Yes, this is great to know! He is flying lufthansa flights only - so no baggage pick up. It will be checked all the way through!

He has our cat, which may cause him to check and recheck his belongings. I will have to confirm that... :)
Awesome! So now you just have to figure out if bringing the cat will be okay. I'll probably have to pick up my luggage in Mexico, and I'm not looking forward for that. I've never been on a plane, so I don't want to be overwhelmed by doing a bunch of airport things.

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017

Did not pick up the luggage in frankfurt no. They were transferred all the way to canada.

CarrieK

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Well PA’s medical was done and uploaded and passed hope that means it will be transferred to Paris soon

Fala.move

Mar 10, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am joining this group as I am sponsoring my husband who will go through Paris office as well.
Here are our dates:
Application received Jan 25th 2018
AOR1 March 9th 2018
Linked to myCIC March 11th 2018

By reading your posts this is good to know that he process can take 6months only!

Reactions: CarrieK

Gaziz123

Mar 6, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
06-03-2018
AOR Received.
17-04-2018
Med's Request
24-04-2018
Med's Done....
26-04-2018
Hello everyone,

I am joining this group as I am sponsoring my husband who will go through Paris office as well.
Here are our dates:
Application received Jan 25th 2018
AOR1 March 9th 2018
Linked to myCIC March 11th 2018

By reading your posts this is good to know that he process can take 6months only!
Any news??