+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**PARIS VISA OFFICE 2018/2019 SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP**

infliximab

Nov 14, 2019
Not every VO sends AOR2 and I don't think Paris sends AOR2's because I haven't seen anyone say that they have. We just received an email March 8th saying that it will be sent to the Paris VO and then I noticed a week later it was in process on ECAS which looks like it was in process for you (Aug 20th) before you received the email. Don't worry. I'm sure they have it. :)
Very reassuring. Thank you so much!!

vic1028

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
TUNIS, TUNISIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
08-03-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
07-03-2019
Passport Req..
04-11-2019
LANDED..........
14-12-2019
So I just recieved an invitation for prearrival services. Anyone here have any experience with it?
This is great news! It means that 99.9% it will be a positive DM in the next week or 2 and then passport request! Congrats! My husband signed up with the YMCA BuildON one for Ontario. He watched videos and they send him emails that have helpful tips for work and life in Canada. It isn't mandatory, it is optional. But it is good news regardless, congrats! :D

Elroy/Pelia

Dec 26, 2017
PPR received today November 5th.
Application received July 4th
BR August 27
Aor August 28
MR August 29
File moved to Paris VO September 4th
Medical passed September 8th
Started processing my application in Paris VO October 16
DM, pre arrival letter, PPR November 5th
Best of luck everyone
Please what is the meaning of pre arrival message?

Hello, all!

Sorry about the late update. My husband finally received his Permanent Resident document and visa.
Thank you for your help and support and I'm wishing you all a fast and easy process!

Timeline:

Sponsor: Canadian living in Tunisia, PA: Tunisia / Outland
App Received: March 13th, 2019,
AOR1: April 12th, 2019,
Biometrics request: May 29th. 2019
BIometrics completed: May 30th, 2019
MedReq: May 30th, 2019,
MedExam: May 30th, 2019,
SA: May 30th, 2019,
Medical Passed: June 6th.
VO Transfer (Paris): June 12th, 2019,
AR2: June 19th, 2019
Pre-arrival Services Letter: October 23rd, 2019
DM (Decision made): October 24th, 2019
PPR (Passport Request): November 7th, 2019
COPR ISSUED (Confirmation of PermanentResidence - document you recieve when you become a PR): November 18th, 2019

inCANdescent

Jan 13, 2020
Zurich
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
28-03-2019
Med's Request
16-06-2019
Med's Done....
04-07-2019
Hi everybody,

I am also new to this forum and have a seemingly trivial question: Where do I send official documents pertaining to my PR (family class) application to, if Paris is the handling office?

Seems trivial, but I couldn’t find an answer online (only the address of the embassy, but not of the IRCC).

The story is this:
2019-03-28: Applied for PR (family class) from Switzerland. I am German, but have lived in Switzerland for 11y, my wife and our child are Canadian, she got a job in Toronto, starting Aug 1st, 2019

...transfer to Paris, biometric, medical exam, ...

2019-11-07: They requested an additional German police record from me via the CIC online account. Now, the request (“send the original, no copies accepted) does not have a letter head nor address in it, so I tried to clarify via the IRCC Web form, as suggested, as well as via the e-mail address parisimmigration@international.gc.ca

2019-11-28: I got an answer via e-mail (all caps from them): “Please send them [the documents] to us, by email ONLY to paris-immigration@international.gc.ca. DO NOT SEND ANYTHING BY REGULAR MAIL, IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

2019-12-16: Once the paperwork arrived from Germany, I scanned it and sent it to that e-mail and also uploaded it to my online account as additional document.

2020-01-10: I got a new message that is very similar to the one from Nov 07, again stating that I should submit an “Original (no copy accepted)”, but again without any address on it...?!? Also, in the online account, below my scanned document there is a new entry for a document that I should upload.

So I presume they need the original (even though they say the opposite on Nov 28)...so where do I send it to?

Thank you so much for any help and comments - this has been a very frustrating experience so far!

PS: As a side note: I think the request itself contradicts their own requirements, because I spent more than 10y and most of my adult life in Switzerland, and that’s the police record I submitted with my initial application...

K7moda

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi everybody,

I am also new to this forum and have a seemingly trivial question: Where do I send official documents pertaining to my PR (family class) application to, if Paris is the handling office?

Seems trivial, but I couldn’t find an answer online (only the address of the embassy, but not of the IRCC).

The story is this:
2019-03-28: Applied for PR (family class) from Switzerland. I am German, but have lived in Switzerland for 11y, my wife and our child are Canadian, she got a job in Toronto, starting Aug 1st, 2019

...transfer to Paris, biometric, medical exam, ...

2019-11-07: They requested an additional German police record from me via the CIC online account. Now, the request (“send the original, no copies accepted) does not have a letter head nor address in it, so I tried to clarify via the IRCC Web form, as suggested, as well as via the e-mail address parisimmigration@international.gc.ca

2019-11-28: I got an answer via e-mail (all caps from them): “Please send them [the documents] to us, by email ONLY to paris-immigration@international.gc.ca. DO NOT SEND ANYTHING BY REGULAR MAIL, IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

2019-12-16: Once the paperwork arrived from Germany, I scanned it and sent it to that e-mail and also uploaded it to my online account as additional document.

2020-01-10: I got a new message that is very similar to the one from Nov 07, again stating that I should submit an “Original (no copy accepted)”, but again without any address on it...?!? Also, in the online account, below my scanned document there is a new entry for a document that I should upload.

So I presume they need the original (even though they say the opposite on Nov 28)...so where do I send it to?

Thank you so much for any help and comments - this has been a very frustrating experience so far!

PS: As a side note: I think the request itself contradicts their own requirements, because I spent more than 10y and most of my adult life in Switzerland, and that’s the police record I submitted with my initial application...
hi, were you able to get their mailing address? I am in a similar situation needing to send original documents as instructed but no lick finding the paris visa offices mailing address.

wbenamara

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
sponsor from Ottawa Ontario. PA from Algeria.
App reçeived: oct29.2019
my file transfered to Paris VO in Jan30.2020
since this day no update.Ecas and GCkEy showing Application reçeived that's all.
Do PARIS VO will send me AOR2 or not?

wbenamara

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
sponsor from Ottawa Ontario. PA from Algeria.
App reçeived: oct29.2019
my file transfered to Paris VO in Jan30.2020
since this day no update.Ecas and GCkEy showing Application reçeived that's all.
Do PARIS VO will send me AOR2 or not?
Yesterday I got ghost update.and today ecas changed from application reçeived to process. ??

dicaprio32

Dec 12, 2019
Hello,I have sponsored ( from ON) my wife from Tunisia, the file was transferred to Paris since January 05th, we received only pre arrival letter on the 17April 2020 since then no news no DM, the time line reached 68% by now , is anybody waiting from them like us, do you have an idea if the processing center is working in Paris, we are all in this together. thanks and regards.

K7moda

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi, I am being sponsored and my file is in Paris VO. I have sent multiple emails and they always send back that they are still only on minimum staff and essential services due to covid-19. Last contact was in mid-March. I have checked the ATIP file, and as it turns out, processing from the VO end seems to be halted for the time period. Latest email received from them was received on the 22nd of July.

Its as follows.

We thank you for your email.

Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in France, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) office in Paris operates with a reduced staff complement and provides only essential services. Please note that disruptions and significant delays are expected.

Visa Application Centres (VACs) in Paris, Lyon, Madrid which were closed to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, have reopened by appointment only. We advise you to check the website of the closest VAC to know more on the reopening dates and offered services.

Until further notice, all temporary resident applicants applying for a visitor visa, study permit or work permit mustsubmit their application online via the IRCC website.

Official Messages
Canada’s response to COVID-19 and IRCC’s special measures

See Canada’s response to COVID-19 here.

IRCC has implemented special measures to assist temporary and permanent residents and applicants affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19). Please check this site regularly for official updates.

Individuals who have applied for a visitor visa, a work permit, a study permit or for permanent residence, but who cannot complete the next steps in the process on time due to the COVID-19 situation, will not have their application refused solely on the basis of not completing these requests.

More time (extensions) will automatically be provided to applicants in these situations.

We will automatically give you an additional 90 days to complete this process.As this extension is automatic, please do not write to IRCC Paris to request an extension or confirmation.

Examples of next steps include:

· submitting their passport or supporting documents, such as a police certificate

· completing an immigration medical examination

· giving their biometrics

Passport and police certificate:

If the 90-day extension has elapsed and that you are still unable to submit your passport through a VAC or your police certificate, please use the web form to request an extension.

Medical exams

If you have a medical exam scheduled, please contact the panel physician’s office to ensure that it is still taking place. If you would like to schedule an Immigration Medical Examination (IME), please contact the panel physician’s office to verify that they are open and still performing exams.

If your application is in progress it will not be closed or refused because of your inability to complete your IME in time due to COVID-19. We will automatically give you 90 days to complete this step. More information.

If you have already been granted a 90-day extension and are still unable to complete your medical exam due to COVID-19, please use the web form to request an extension.

Biometrics

Some VAC will reopen soon, we advise you to check the website of the closest VAC to know more on the reopening dates and offered services.
Once the sites reopen and you have received a biometrics instruction letter, you can make an appointment with the VAC as soon as possible.

If the site closest to you is closed, we will automatically extend your deadline to give your biometrics.

You do not have to give your biometrics until the sites reopen. This applies to you, even if your biometrics instruction letter (BIL) says you have 30 or 90 days.

You do not have to contact us for this extension, and you do not need a new BIL to make another appointment when sites reopen. Bring your original BIL to your new appointment to show proof of payment.

Your application will not be refused or closed if you cannot give your biometrics due to COVID-19 closures.

More information on the impact of COVID-19 on biometrics.

Thank you for your understanding.

dicaprio32

Dec 12, 2019
Hi, I am being sponsored and my file is in Paris VO. I have sent multiple emails and they always send back that they are still only on minimum staff and essential services due to covid-19. Last contact was in mid-March. I have checked the ATIP file, and as it turns out, processing from the VO end seems to be halted for the time period. Latest email received from them was received on the 22nd of July.

Its as follows.

We thank you for your email.

Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in France, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) office in Paris operates with a reduced staff complement and provides only essential services. Please note that disruptions and significant delays are expected.

Visa Application Centres (VACs) in Paris, Lyon, Madrid which were closed to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, have reopened by appointment only. We advise you to check the website of the closest VAC to know more on the reopening dates and offered services.

Until further notice, all temporary resident applicants applying for a visitor visa, study permit or work permit mustsubmit their application online via the IRCC website.

Official Messages
Canada’s response to COVID-19 and IRCC’s special measures

See Canada’s response to COVID-19 here.

IRCC has implemented special measures to assist temporary and permanent residents and applicants affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19). Please check this site regularly for official updates.

Individuals who have applied for a visitor visa, a work permit, a study permit or for permanent residence, but who cannot complete the next steps in the process on time due to the COVID-19 situation, will not have their application refused solely on the basis of not completing these requests.

More time (extensions) will automatically be provided to applicants in these situations.

We will automatically give you an additional 90 days to complete this process.As this extension is automatic, please do not write to IRCC Paris to request an extension or confirmation.

Examples of next steps include:

· submitting their passport or supporting documents, such as a police certificate

· completing an immigration medical examination

· giving their biometrics

Passport and police certificate:

If the 90-day extension has elapsed and that you are still unable to submit your passport through a VAC or your police certificate, please use the web form to request an extension.

Medical exams

If you have a medical exam scheduled, please contact the panel physician’s office to ensure that it is still taking place. If you would like to schedule an Immigration Medical Examination (IME), please contact the panel physician’s office to verify that they are open and still performing exams.

If your application is in progress it will not be closed or refused because of your inability to complete your IME in time due to COVID-19. We will automatically give you 90 days to complete this step. More information.

If you have already been granted a 90-day extension and are still unable to complete your medical exam due to COVID-19, please use the web form to request an extension.

Biometrics

Some VAC will reopen soon, we advise you to check the website of the closest VAC to know more on the reopening dates and offered services.
Once the sites reopen and you have received a biometrics instruction letter, you can make an appointment with the VAC as soon as possible.

If the site closest to you is closed, we will automatically extend your deadline to give your biometrics.

You do not have to give your biometrics until the sites reopen. This applies to you, even if your biometrics instruction letter (BIL) says you have 30 or 90 days.

You do not have to contact us for this extension, and you do not need a new BIL to make another appointment when sites reopen. Bring your original BIL to your new appointment to show proof of payment.

Your application will not be refused or closed if you cannot give your biometrics due to COVID-19 closures.

More information on the impact of COVID-19 on biometrics.

Thank you for your understanding.
Thank you for your reply, it looks that it is a generic letter to be sent to everyone waiting, the good thing they still working even though with a reduced staff , it is a concerning situation. let s hope for the best and we will hear some good news, for my wife we submitted bio and med since December.

Reactions: wbenamara