App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Done before
They sure are taking their time with the applications. I mean, there are less files to take care of for the Visa Office of Paris than those that Ottawa needs to do for our sponsors.
I mean, as soon as they process the sponsor application, it only takes two days to make a decision. How come it takes so long to make a decision for us here, especially since it has been saying "In Process" for the past weeks.

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
I received the following email from them in reply to my inquiry to them yesterday:

Greetings,
This refers to your recent message.
All the required documents had already been received.
The file is under study.
We will contact you when and if necessary.

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
The applicants in this thread are as quiet as our VO is :)

I ordered a new notes today. I hope that I will get the PPR before the 30 days

flamand_quebec13

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Montréal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Done before
Hopefully you'll get an answer before you even receive the notes, that would be better.
I send my application to change my status to tourist yesterday trough express post. Hopefully everything will turn ok.

Billy The Kid

Sep 9, 2015
Hi,

I’ve just discovered this site and I thought I’d share my experience. We also went through Quebec.

Spouse sponsorship Application sent on 01 April 2015 and approved on 28 May. Approval letter received on 04 Jun.

Quebec CSQ application sent 08 Jun, approved 13 Jul and CSQ received 17 Jul.

Ecas was already showing the following by the time the CSQ arrived:
1.We received application for permanent residence on April 01, 2015.
2.We started processing application on July 01, 2015.
3.Medical results have been received.

I've noticed that the ecas status was switched from "received" to "in process" on 02 Jul.

CSQ sent to paris visa office on 20 Jul.

Since then I have not heard anything until ecas status was suddenly switched from "in process" to "Decision made" on 25 Aug without even showing an extra line saying " the visa office will contact you regarding the decision". It was just updated to "Decision made" and that was it :eek:.

Since we are from visa non exempted country I thought we should get email requesting passport before seeing a "Decision made" status on ecas. I've checked our email but there were no communication from Paris. I was really worried and thought that maybe our visa is refused and I was really confused because I thought they could have at least requested us to attend an interview before rejecting our immigrant visa. But no interview, no email, no letter, nothing.

I was getting ready to email the office this week an see if the reply back with an update on what is going one with our application but I was really have today when my wife told me she just received a passport request email from Paris at 1pm today 09 Sep :D. ooooh boy! what a relief! I wonder why ecas was updated to decision made first before passport request and why I took Paris nearly 2 weeks to finally send passport request email???

Anyway, I thought I should share this experience. It might help in case someone find himself in the same situation. apparently "decision made" before passport request does not necessarily means rejection.

Thank you and good luck to all!

Cheers

rs33

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Thanks for sharing! Hopefully that means the rest of us will hear something before the end of the month.

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
Billy The Kid said:
Anyway, I thought I should share this experience. It might help in case someone find himself in the same situation. apparently "decision made" before passport request does not necessarily means rejection.

Cheers
Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

This is a new experience to me with Paris VO. a status is changed to DM two weeks before the PPR.

Wonderful :)

I wonder if there is any kind of audit on these people to ensure that they are not taking more time than what is supposed to be taken for each case!

The fact that they replied to my email yesterday is making me very nervous. Because, I think if my file was very close to the DM they won't bother replying to my email. They would just update the system or send me the result of that decision.
Since they replied to my email asking me to wait until further communication is really annoying me. Unless if the one who answered my email has no access to the file and was just reading from the system.

I am going crazy with this :)

flamand_quebec13

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Montréal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Done before
@BillyTheKid,

Thanks for sharing this! However this is both good and bad news as it would seem it should take about 1,5 months from "In Process" to "Decision Made".
This will unfortunately mean for me that it will take longer to get my PPR as my status only changed around August 21st and my work permit will expire in a few days.

Oh boy....

HassanQuebec

Mar 26, 2012
Billy The Kid said:
Hi,

I've just discovered this site and I thought I'd share my experience. We also went through Quebec.

Spouse sponsorship Application sent on 01 April 2015 and approved on 28 May. Approval letter received on 04 Jun.

Quebec CSQ application sent 08 Jun, approved 13 Jul and CSQ received 17 Jul.

Ecas was already showing the following by the time the CSQ arrived:
1.We received application for permanent residence on April 01, 2015.
2.We started processing application on July 01, 2015.
3.Medical results have been received.

I've noticed that the ecas status was switched from "received" to "in process" on 02 Jul.

CSQ sent to paris visa office on 20 Jul.

Since then I have not heard anything until ecas status was suddenly switched from "in process" to "Decision made" on 25 Aug without even showing an extra line saying " the visa office will contact you regarding the decision". It was just updated to "Decision made" and that was it :eek:.

Since we are from visa non exempted country I thought we should get email requesting passport before seeing a "Decision made" status on ecas. I've checked our email but there were no communication from Paris. I was really worried and thought that maybe our visa is refused and I was really confused because I thought they could have at least requested us to attend an interview before rejecting our immigrant visa. But no interview, no email, no letter, nothing.

I was getting ready to email the office this week an see if the reply back with an update on what is going one with our application but I was really have today when my wife told me she just received a passport request email from Paris at 1pm today 09 Sep :D. ooooh boy! what a relief! I wonder why ecas was updated to decision made first before passport request and why I took Paris nearly 2 weeks to finally send passport request email???

Cheers
Congrats BillyTheKid!

Can you please tell us which agent processed your request ? Mine is AWV

"Service de l’immigration
Ambassade du Canada / AWV
Paris"

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
HassanQuebec said:
Congrats BillyTheKid!

Can you please tell us which agent processed your request ? Mine is AWV

"Service de l’immigration
Ambassade du Canada / AWV
Paris"
Are you sure that this is the agent initials ?
He/she is the same one replied to my inquiry yesterday!

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
In June, the email was sent with this signature:

Salutations distinguées / Best regards - MLP
Service de l'Immigration / Immigration section
Ambassade du Canada / Canadian Embassy
37, avenue Montaigne
75008 Paris
Tel 01 44 43 29 16
PARISIMMIGRATION@international .gc.ca

Yesterday, the signature was:

Immigration Section
Embassy of Canada/ AWV
Paris
www.amb-canada.fr/visa

flamand_quebec13

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Montréal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Done before
If I send an enquiry to Paris with the request if they could process my application faster as my work permit will expire in a few days, do you guys think that will have an effect?

rs33

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
flamand_quebec13 said:
If I send an enquiry to Paris with the request if they could process my application faster as my work permit will expire in a few days, do you guys think that will have an effect?
No, I don't think that will have any positive effect.