+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor Visa

m@ddy

Aug 24, 2023
Hi, My parents have applied for visitor visas from India using the new IRCC portal, with my dad as the main applicant. My mom's visa got approved this week, but my dad's application is still showing the latest update as biometric updated and background check in progress. They submitted the application as a group. Do you have any suggestions or advice on this matter?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, My parents have applied for visitor visas from India using the new IRCC portal, with my dad as the main applicant. My mom's visa got approved this week, but my dad's application is still showing the latest update as biometric updated and background check in progress. They submitted the application as a group. Do you have any suggestions or advice on this matter?
When did they apply? If within normal times, then wait. Applications do not have to processed at the same time. It is not a group applicaiton.

m@ddy

Aug 24, 2023
When did they apply? If within normal times, then wait. Applications do not have to processed at the same time. It is not a group applicaiton.
Ok, the application was submitted on 6th August 2023, and the biometric was uploaded on 14th August 2023.

TiniTan28

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Hello, do you send an invitation letter to your parent? or they provide an hotel reservation?

m@ddy

Aug 24, 2023
is it necessary to mention the details of the apartment, that there is a room available for your parents? did you also give your lease?
I think so, I mentioned the address of my apartment as well as the lease papers.