+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visitor visa rejected

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
If the children are adults they aren’t really strong ties. How long did they ask to remain in Canada? Your time getting established will help their application.
[/QUOTE
Thanjs for your reply. We sent an invitation for 1 month stay with tickets. So how can we show our establishment in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That is one of the issues. You should be asking for 2-3 weeks. It is very hard to say that your parents have very strong ties because they care of parents and run a business but at the same time they are able to leave for a month. You became established by living in Canada, getting jobs, renting/buying a place to love, etc.

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
That is one of the issues. You should be asking for 2-3 weeks. It is very hard to say that your parents have very strong ties because they care of parents and run a business but at the same time they are able to leave for a month. You became established by living in Canada, getting jobs, renting/buying a place to love, etc.
[/QUOTE
We had rented a place, my husband had a job by that time when we reapplied in Sept. Now we have also filed our taxes. Should we wait some more time to reapply?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would wait until you get the GCMS notes first so you can address the concerns in your previous refusal. You are in a much more normal timeline to have visitors. You have been away from family for 8 months, are making money, hopefully have saved some money, etc. Given that your parents applied for a TRV right before you moved to Canada and only a few months after arrival they were still in a timeframe to be possibly trying to move with you to Canada. There are families who are planning for their parents to accompany them to Canada and Canada is trying to prevent this. The fact that they applied twice in 4 months indicates more desperation to come to Canada.

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Would wait until you get the GCMS notes first so you can address the concerns in your previous refusal. You are in a much more normal timeline to have visitors. You have been away from family for 8 months, are making money, hopefully have saved some money, etc. Given that your parents applied for a TRV right before you moved to Canada and only a few months after arrival they were still in a timeframe to be possibly trying to move with you to Canada. There are families who are planning for their parents to accompany them to Canada and Canada is trying to prevent this. The fact that they applied twice in 4 months indicates more desperation to come to Canada.
Ohk thanks for your reply. Should I consider applying for them alone ( only parents) or entire family ( 2 school going siblings). If only parents then can I apply for siblings alone sometime later?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ohk thanks for your reply. Should I consider applying for them alone ( only parents) or entire family ( 2 school going siblings). If only parents then can I apply for siblings alone sometime later?
Did they apply with their other children before? How old are the children? Your parents have a chance of being approved but your parents as well 2 siblings will likely difficult to approve. You should try with only your parents. You can try with your siblings afterwards but that may be quite difficult. Your siblings create ties to their home country for your parents.

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Did they apply with their other children before? How old are the children? Your parents have a chance of being approved but your parents as well 2 siblings will likely difficult to approve. You should try with only your parents. You can try with your siblings afterwards but that may be quite difficult. Your siblings create ties to their home country for your parents.
Last time we applied only for my parents but I am thinking since my siblings are studying and are dependent on my father income so how will I apply for them alone sometime later? Also it would really helpful if you could please share a concrete lists of documents which are needed to reapply my parents Visa taking in consideration their Visa rejection reason ( purpose of travel and financial assets) so that we can start gathering them.just to let you know I haven't received the GCMS notes reply till now!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Last time we applied only for my parents but I am thinking since my siblings are studying and are dependent on my father income so how will I apply for them alone sometime later? Also it would really helpful if you could please share a concrete lists of documents which are needed to reapply my parents Visa taking in consideration their Visa rejection reason ( purpose of travel and financial assets) so that we can start gathering them.just to let you know I haven't received the GCMS notes reply till now!
there are lots of delays due to covid. Would look at the various postings and you will see the list of documents. Savings accounts, property deeds. How much liquid savings do they have. Your previous post indicate they have 15k with FD. F you remove the FD they may have under 10k which is likely one of the issue. The other big issue is that this will be their 3rd application within a year. They applied right before you moved to Canada which raises concerns that they want to move with you. 3 applications within your first year in Canada shows a desperation to come to Canada which raises red flags. Did you mention your wife’s pregnancy? That could also be an issue. Would wait until covid 19 has settled down. It will be difficult if not impossible to travel now and it is risky for parents to fly. Canada is also trying to limit how many non-residents may need to access their healthcare system which is very stretched at the moment.