21-02-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
31-05-2018
Interview........
No
So sad that my mother and father visitor visa is rejected. :(:(
My brother and I live here in canada. We sent our T4, passports photocopies, invitation letter and temporary itinerary, my father is retired and my mom doesn’t work. They showed ITR for last 3 years , savings of around $70,000 and paternal house property which he is giving property taxes for last 25 years,their FD’s and savings account and the interst of about 25,000 rupees every month. I dont know what to do. My brother is PR n i am on work permit. Unfortunately we dont make certain amount that he can sponsor or apply for super visa. My parents were waiting for years to come and see us. Please help what can we do in this situation

chie042012

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
My brother and I live here in canada. We sent our T4, passports photocopies, invitation letter and temporary itinerary, my father is retired and my mom doesn’t work. They showed ITR for last 3 years , savings of around $70,000 and paternal house property which he is giving property taxes for last 25 years,their FD’s and savings account and the interst of about 25,000 rupees every month. I dont know what to do. My brother is PR n i am on work permit. Unfortunately we dont make certain amount that he can sponsor or apply for super visa. My parents were waiting for years to come and see us. Please help what can we do in this situation
Can you tell here what are the reasons it was rejected?
So we can figure out what were missing. Thank you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Based on your post, I'm assuming they were refused for the typical reasons of Purpose of visit + Strong family ties to Canada + Travel History + Inadequate financial assets

1. How long did your parents want to visit? Purpose of their visit?

2. Did they borrow/someone transfer money for the FDs, bank balance, etc?

3. Was their bank balance CAD 70,000? Source of the bank balance?

4. Is the property legally owned by your dad? Or does he simply pay the property taxes for it?

5. Do they lives with any other dependent family members? Your siblings or grandparents?

stellar79

Nov 26, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2018
AOR Received.
21-02-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
31-05-2018
Interview........
No
Based on your post, I'm assuming they were refused for the typical reasons of Purpose of visit + Strong family ties to Canada + Travel History + Inadequate financial assets

It’s because of family ties and purpose of visit

1. How long did your parents want to visit? Purpose of their visit?

1.5 months

2. Did they borrow/someone transfer money for the FDs, bank balance, etc?

Its the cash value

3. Was their bank balance CAD 70,000? Source of the bank balance?

Yes available cash

4. Is the property legally owned by your dad? Or does he simply pay the property taxes for it?

Its the paternal property but he takes care of it and paid all the property taxes for long time

5. Do they lives with any other dependent family members? Your siblings or grandparents?

yes a younger sister, she is in 12th grade. This time we only applied so they can say sister alone and have to come back home

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@stellar79

1. A visit of 5 months only confirms that your parents do not have any strong ties to their home country

2. Again, did your parents earn the funds before they invested in the FDs and their bank balance? Or was it transferred by you and your brother?

3. Is the bank balance CAD 70,000?

4. The property is NOT a tie for your parents to return to their home country. Merely paying the property taxes is not the same as owning it + property taxes can be paid online = No need to return to the home country at all

5. Your sister as a family ties would depend on her age, what she does (student or employed). The fact that your parents requested a visit of 5 months indicates that your sister is capable of living on her own without your parents

stellar79

Nov 26, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2018
AOR Received.
21-02-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
31-05-2018
Interview........
No
Sorry it is 1.5 months only for tourism

Elbagurl

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
Unfortunately, we don't make a certain amount that he can sponsor or apply for a super visa. My parents were waiting for years to come and see us. Please help what can we do in this situation

What is your brother's income ??
You have to make sure, inviter's income meets the minimum financial requirement.
It looks like the problem is from Canada, not from your parents.
Or income tax problems?

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi,

My parents visitors visa was rejected for the reason:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status

I am a PR of Canada but not working. My husband is working and earning a good salary. May I know some proofs and documents which we may attach while reapply which shows that they will leave Canada based on purpose of visit? My parents have enough finances to survive themselves in Canada. We attached my parents private Chartered Accountant evaluation letter showing their immovable and liquid assets in INR and equivalent CAD amount along with the papers of agriculture land they have in India. Is it a good proof financial proof or are we missing on something?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

My parents visitors visa was rejected for the reason:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status

I am a PR of Canada but not working. My husband is working and earning a good salary. May I know some proofs and documents which we may attach while reapply which shows that they will leave Canada based on purpose of visit? My parents have enough finances to survive themselves in Canada. We attached my parents private Chartered Accountant evaluation letter showing their immovable and liquid assets in INR and equivalent CAD amount along with the papers of agriculture land they have in India. Is it a good proof financial proof or are we missing on something?
Agree that you should order GCMS. When did you arrive in Canada? They seem to have applied for a TRV numerous times. How many times have they applied and been rejected and in what timeframe?

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Agree that you should order GCMS. When did you arrive in Canada? They seem to have applied for a TRV numerous times. How many times have they applied and been rejected and in what timeframe?
[/QUOTE

We arrived Last year in June 2019 and applied for them in September. Yes , it is the 2nd rejection they faced. One was before our arrival in May 2019. Now we want to reapply for them.
What should be the time gap to reapply again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would order GCMS but there is likely concern that they are try to move here with you if they applied right before you moved to Canada and then a few months after arriving.

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Would order GCMS but there is likely concern that they are try to move here with you if they applied right before you moved to Canada and then a few months after arriving.
I have ordered the GCMS notes. I have 2 siblings going to school in India and my father has his parents to take care as well as business. We added all the details. We are worried on how to assure IRCc that they dont intend to stay here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have ordered the GCMS notes. I have 2 siblings going to school in India and my father has his parents to take care as well as business. We added all the details. We are worried on how to assure IRCc that they dont intend to stay here.
If the children are adults they aren’t really strong ties. How long did they ask to remain in Canada? Your time getting established will help their application.