+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents visit visa

sehrishk

Sep 4, 2018
I have to make my landing before April 2019 and would like to apply for my parents visit visa before that so they can accompany us and help us settle down a little. Now they will be applying on their own basis because we cannot sponsor them on this status but my question is that is it mandatory to share our immigration status in their application or not. Also has someone been in a similar situation? Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have to make my landing before April 2019 and would like to apply for my parents visit visa before that so they can accompany us and help us settle down a little. Now they will be applying on their own basis because we cannot sponsor them on this status but my question is that is it mandatory to share our immigration status in their application or not. Also has someone been in a similar situation? Thanks
1. It's not advisable for your parents just yet. It would seem like they are moving long-term with you.

To minimize the chances of this interpretation, IMO, they should wait until you have landed as PR and settled in (rent a place, find a job, etc).

Another plus point of applying later is your parents could be issued longer validity TRVs (parents of a PR).

2. Your parents would need to declare you in the Family Information form. Your intent to immigrate shortly would show up

Reactions: tobs

sehrishk

Sep 4, 2018
1. It's not advisable for your parents just yet. It would seem like they are moving long-term with you.

To minimize the chances of this interpretation, IMO, they should wait until you have landed as PR and settled in (rent a place, find a job, etc).

Another plus point of applying later is your parents could be issued longer validity TRVs (parents of a PR).

2. Your parents would need to declare you in the Family Information form. Your intent to immigrate shortly would show up

Thanks for your quick reply also just in case they still go ahead and apply on their basis would it be considered misrepresentation if they do not mention about my copr. They basically have an invitation letter from my mom's cousin and not really be travelling with me but a couple of months later.

absz

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
I dont think it would matter if your parents apply even if you haven't landed yet. My current file is in process and my parents got visit visa

sehrishk

Sep 4, 2018
I dont think it would matter if your parents apply even if you haven't landed yet. My current file is in process and my parents got visit visa
Did you mention that your case was in process in their application? Also would be great if you can share some tips for a successful application since you have managed to get their visa. I am really worried to make a mistake

absz

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Did you mention that your case was in process in their application? Also would be great if you can share some tips for a successful application since you have managed to get their visa. I am really worried to make a mistake
No I did not mention anything about my application to Canada for my parents visa process. Basically my father showed his tax returns and all his documents and reason to visit Canada was his friend. Sure let me know how can I be of help

sehrishk

Sep 4, 2018
@absz oh so at what stage was your case? I was just wondering if I don't mention my copr they might consider it as misrepresentation. Though they have an invitation from their cousins there and that's the reason for their visit in the application. And like Bryanna mentioned it will show up on their system anyway

PlimPlum

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
I don't know what question is being asked on visitor visa application, but why would you hide information if it specifically asks? This should be common sense that you don't lie on immigration documents. If you do, be prepared to face the consequences if they find out.

sehrishk

Sep 4, 2018
I don't know what question is being asked on visitor visa application, but why would you hide information if it specifically asks? This should be common sense that you don't lie on immigration documents. If you do, be prepared to face the consequences if they find out.
@PlimPlum there is no specific question about this on the form. The only question slightly relevant is that are you accompanying a family member that has recently been approved immigration status but it's a tricky question because the description was accompanying says that you are travelling with them which they are not and the overall description says that you will be staying with them which they might if we have landed by that time. But their application is based on visiting their cousins. I was just asking if they should mention our status and the possibility of us being there in their cover letter or not.

absz

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
@PlimPlum there is no specific question about this on the form. The only question slightly relevant is that are you accompanying a family member that has recently been approved immigration status but it's a tricky question because the description was accompanying says that you are travelling with them which they are not and the overall description says that you will be staying with them which they might if we have landed by that time. But their application is based on visiting their cousins. I was just asking if they should mention our status and the possibility of us being there in their cover letter or not.
To be honest I would suggest you to talk to a consultant. I dont remember anywhere in my parents visitor visa form asking for any kind of application of permanent residence for their children, hence, I didn't mention it myself as there was no question.

shishirkona

Jul 20, 2018
I just received my COPR and immigrant visa. We are also in the process of applying for my parents’ visit visa to accompany me. We’re including my documents in their application.

There’s a question that specifically asks if you’re accompanying a family member who recently obtained status in Canada and we have said yes to that.
To be honest I would suggest you to talk to a consultant. I dont remember anywhere in my parents visitor visa form asking for any kind of application of permanent residence for their children, hence, I didn't mention it myself as there was no question.

absz

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
I just received my COPR and immigrant visa. We are also in the process of applying for my parents’ visit visa to accompany me. We’re including my documents in their application.

There’s a question that specifically asks if you’re accompanying a family member who recently obtained status in Canada and we have said yes to that.
Than ofcourse you have to say YES as it clearly asks for it!