+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visit visa/Super Visa from Pakistan - Connect here

umairengineer

Feb 20, 2024
Salam!

I am a Permanent Resident in Canada and intend to sponsor my brother who is disabled. He has done matriculation and has no job experience.

Both my parents are expired and my youngest sibling is currently looking after him in my home country but having issues.

I have a sister as well who is married and she cannot look after him.

As it is near to impossible for him to be sponsored, I just want to check if a Super visa or a visit visa can be applied?

How likely visitors visa are granted for brothers

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Salam!

I am a Permanent Resident in Canada and intend to sponsor my brother who is disabled. He has done matriculation and has no job experience.

Both my parents are expired and my youngest sibling is currently looking after him in my home country but having issues.

I have a sister as well who is married and she cannot look after him.

As it is near to impossible for him to be sponsored, I just want to check if a Super visa or a visit visa can be applied?

How likely visitors visa are granted for brothers
Supervisa is only an option for parents/grandparents. You aren’t sponsoring him. He applies for a visitor visa. Needs to show his own funds, travel history and ties to return. He cannot live in Canada, as he will can stay up to 6 months and then apply for extension if required.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seeker007

sahmad63

Feb 17, 2024
hello fellows - anybody applied for parents visit visa with a family member (brother or sister) ? any positive outcome?

sahmad63

Feb 17, 2024
Is family member a dependant, under 22?
30y male. I am yet to apply for the visas. So here's the situation.

My father and mother got approved in 2018 , visas expired in 2023- both visit us in 2022 for 3 months. and then my mother visit again in 2023 for 2 months.

Their financial background is fairly strong with assets and consistent bank statement etc.

I was wondering if i can apply for my brother with parents application with father being the sponsor?

OR

apply for my mother and brother ( father being sponsor and not applicant) ??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
30y male. I am yet to apply for the visas. So here's the situation.

My father and mother got approved in 2018 , visas expired in 2023- both visit us in 2022 for 3 months. and then my mother visit again in 2023 for 2 months.

Their financial background is fairly strong with assets and consistent bank statement etc.

I was wondering if i can apply for my brother with parents application with father being the sponsor?

OR

apply for my mother and brother ( father being sponsor and not applicant) ??
Your brother applies separately from parents. He is not a dependant and part of their application. Your parents travel history and assets are not your brother’s. He can show parent’s bank statements but IRCC doesn’t need to consider them. He must show his own bank statements too.

sahmad63

Feb 17, 2024
Your brother applies separately from parents. He is not a dependant and part of their application. Your parents travel history and assets are not your brother’s. He can show parent’s bank statements but IRCC doesn’t need to consider them. He must show his own bank statements too.
Thank you. Thats fair enough and i know its a tough ask to get male adult's visit visa approved. So considering my parent's travel history which category should be safe. Visit visa or Super Visa? Because for the visit visa application i have to write travel duration of at least 4 weeks.

Secondly - for the super visa can they self sponsor or i have to sponsor them ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. Thats fair enough and i know its a tough ask to get male adult's visit visa approved. So considering my parent's travel history which category should be safe. Visit visa or Super Visa? Because for the visit visa application i have to write travel duration of at least 4 weeks.

Secondly - for the super visa can they self sponsor or i have to sponsor them ?
For your parents, SV is an option if you meet LICO and are PR/citizen. You show your NOA. They need to pass the medical and show a year of insurance. If planning to stay for a long period of time, SV is the best path. They have strong travel history and own funds so TRV is a good option too.

SBS44

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Nomination.....
20.02.2015 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
10-08-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Interview........
22-09-2015 (Decision Made)
Passport Req..
30-09-2015 [Submitted on 01-10-2015]
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2015
LANDED..........
By the end of November Inshallah
Hi,

Applied for my parents super visa. Got stamped for my mother. For father, we were asked for some additional medical tests which were done on Feb 2nd. On Feb 13th, got following update: "You Passed Medical Exam" This was change in Application status section in IRCC account.

We have not received passport request. Is this normal. I have heard that this does not mean medical is clear yet till we receive passport request letter.

Anybody has faced situation like this?

Regards,

Najabad14

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12,2015
Doc's Request.
22Feb 2016, 23 March 2016, 24 June 2016
File Transfer...
20 Sep 2015
Med's Request
3 June ,2016
Med's Done....
14 June 2016
Passport Req..
22-07-2016
Hi,

Applied for my parents super visa. Got stamped for my mother. For father, we were asked for some additional medical tests which were done on Feb 2nd. On Feb 13th, got following update: "You Passed Medical Exam" This was change in Application status section in IRCC account.

We have not received passport request. Is this normal. I have heard that this does not mean medical is clear yet till we receive passport request letter.

Anybody has faced situation like this?

Regards,
please post your timelines thanks you

azazulhaq

Jun 19, 2019
Super visa applied for my mother and got a rejection.
Reason "PG-1 criteria not met. Please refer to www.cic.gc.ca for requirements"

All the requirements are met - income, insurance etc.

shahroze

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let’s keep posted if there is any update. I have seen some late September applicants have got their decisions. Looks like it’s now October turn. However, some parents application got approved who applied in late December.
Hello everyone.
I have received Refusal Letter Generic for my brother and sister-in law’s application. Following are the refusal reasons.. We had provided an invitation letter clearly states the intention of visiting me as a brother and also I have included my relationship proofs with my brother. Is there a chance of getting approve by submitting a reconsideration letter through webform. Please advise.. thanks

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.

• You have not provided sufficient documentation to establish your familial relationship to
the individuals you intend to visit in Canada.

Nitti

Apr 3, 2019
Hello,

I want to apply for the visitor visa of my parents. My parents have their home and a rental income from another property. Both of them are retired and dont have a strong bank statement. I will be sponsoring them fully and have ample funds to prove that. All my siblings are Canadian PR and one resides in another country. My parents visited my sibling in the other country last year and still have a valid visit visa for that country. 3 out of us 4 siblings have Canadian PR, I have been here since 3 years, one of my sibling just came here and the third one is still residing with my parents, and will move to Canada sometime in next year. Will having no children in home country weaken the case for a visit visa? How should I be going about it? Any leads?

shahroze

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone.
I have received Refusal Letter Generic for my brother and sister-in law’s application. Following are the refusal reasons.. We had provided an invitation letter clearly states the intention of visiting me as a brother and also I have included my relationship proofs with my brother. Is there a chance of getting approve by submitting a reconsideration letter through webform. Please advise.. thanks

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.

• You have not provided sufficient documentation to establish your familial relationship to
the individuals you intend to visit in Canada.
@Naturgrl could you please advise.. I have ordered gcms notes and also have started drafting a reconsideration letter.