+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visit visa/Super Visa from Pakistan - Connect here

Kamranzaidi

Oct 10, 2021
Hello everyone,
I applied super visa for my parents in July 2020 but after application acknowledgment never received any response. We sent an email to cic last month about status and they suggessted to submit new application. We submitted new application two weeks ago and again received only acknowledgment.
Just to let you know that my parents had super visa which was expired in 2020.
Can any one suggest what to do at this point?
Thanks

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hello everyone,
I applied super visa for my parents in July 2020 but after application acknowledgment never received any response. We sent an email to cic last month about status and they suggessted to submit new application. We submitted new application two weeks ago and again received only acknowledgment.
Just to let you know that my parents had super visa which was expired in 2020.
Can any one suggest what to do at this point?
Thanks
At this point the only thing u can do is wait. Processing time these days for Pakistani applicants is around 2 months. So hopefully you will get an update within the next 2 months.

Kamranzaidi

Oct 10, 2021
At this point the only thing u can do is wait. Processing time these days for Pakistani applicants is around 2 months. So hopefully you will get an update within the next 2 months.
Thanks for quick response. I was thinking that we have to wait for more than 400 days as given processing time for Pakistan on website.

khi2TRNTO

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Karachi
App. Filed.......
10-01-2021
Hi Everyone,
I applied for my Parents Visit visa in Jan 2021. Got Biometrics done in Feb 2021. Since then no response. If i have to submit a new application what will be the process.
is there a new portal or will i submit a new application on same portal?
and
how do i cancel the old application, or submitting another application will automatically cancel the old one?

Kamranzaidi

Oct 10, 2021
Yes the website does say 400 days but actual processing times is 2 to 3 months these days.
Hello,
Today we got a response from cic but strange thing is that we got response for both application. First application we submitted in July 2020 and second submitted last week. For old application they asked for biometric and for new application they asked for medical exam.
For biometric, they mentioned that you still have 4 years validity of biometric but if you want to extend the validity please again submit your biometric.
Can you please guide what to do at this point? She we follow instruction for old application or new?
Thanks

ch1tah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2015
File Transfer...
March 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec, 2014
I applied trv over a month ago and biometrics complete march 3, no update other than says reviewing eligibility and background check. Should i contact them or is wait time normal?

Kamranzaidi

Oct 10, 2021
Yes the website does say 400 days but actual processing times is 2 to 3 months these days.
My parents received a letter for biometric which shows that they still have 4 years validity. In letter it also mentioned that if you want to extend validity you can pay fees and give biometric. My parents brought that letter to visa centre Karachi but staff over there refuse to take biometric that they already have valid biometric. please see attached snapshot of letter. Is it correct that they can not give biometric to extend validity?

peanut

Nov 22, 2012
Hello, I applied supervisa for my mother on March 21. 2022, received acknowledgment on the same day.
My query is, that she still holds a valid visitor visa that will expire in 2023. Can she travel to Canada on a valid visitor visa while the super visa application is in process, mind it application was submitted while she was outside Canada.
Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I applied supervisa for my mother on March 21. 2022, received acknowledgment on the same day.
My query is, that she still holds a valid visitor visa that will expire in 2023. Can she travel to Canada on a valid visitor visa while the super visa application is in process, mind it application was submitted while she was outside Canada.
Thanks
I don't have an answer for this one after you applied the supervisa for your mother. But she could have traveled to Canada on valid visitor visa and extend her stay.

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hello,
Today we got a response from cic but strange thing is that we got response for both application. First application we submitted in July 2020 and second submitted last week. For old application they asked for biometric and for new application they asked for medical exam.
For biometric, they mentioned that you still have 4 years validity of biometric but if you want to extend the validity please again submit your biometric.
Can you please guide what to do at this point? She we follow instruction for old application or new?
Thanks
First, i would sugges to give biometrics again else you will receive visa of 4 years only.
Second, send a webform, they reply in about a week, clearly explain the issue and they will solve it for you.

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I applied trv over a month ago and biometrics complete march 3, no update other than says reviewing eligibility and background check. Should i contact them or is wait time normal?
Wait time is normal. Wait for atleast 2 months after biometrics.

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Thanks
Yes ofcourse she can travel. She still has the visa.