+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visit and quarantine plan?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So I live in a 1+ den condo with a common kitchen and washroom here with my husband. Does that mean my parents cannot stay with us ? As in can they stay in the den and use our same washroom?
You actually can't go outside to take your garbage out if you are using a communal hallway or garbage room. That would be breaking the quarantine. Perhaps you have a neighbour or your building can help you out if you out your garbage outside your door. They could put on a lair of gloves abd take your garbage out. Yes you can quarantine together if nobody is part of what is considered a vulnerable population (pregnant women, immunocompromised people, etc.). Whether that is a good idea depends on where they are travelling from and your current situation (job, financial? health, etc.). When travelling you have to assume there is a chance of covid exposure. Depending on the country they are coming from the risk of exposure may be higher.

Swethasam

Oct 23, 2016
Hey guys..
So my parents got the visit visa Approved and got thr passport request but my sisters application status changed from processing to on hold..any idea why is that ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys..
So my parents got the visit visa Approved and got thr passport request but my sisters application status changed from processing to on hold..any idea why is that ?
She also doesn’t qualify to travel at the moment. In my opinion things are unlikely to change before your delivery.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
That may be true but still worth a reminder that a sister is not an immediate family member so cannot visit at this point in time even if a visa is approved

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Okay..thank you!
My quarantine rules recommendations are different now that I remember that you are expecting. Your parents really shouldn’t be staying with you because pregnant women are at much higher risk of severe covid infections and you will be visiting the doctor weekly and could go into labour. If your parents are staying with you you risk bringing covid into your doctors/midwife offices and into the hospital if you deliver. You can’t plan when you’ll need to go into the hospital for any problems or to get checked if there is low fluid or movement or for labour. A 1+den is a very small space so you will be exposed if your parents are carriers. If you insist on quarantining together please inform your doctors before you go to their offices. They may not want you to come into the office and do virtual appointments. If you do have to go to the hospital you also should call and inform the ward that you are quarantining with people from abroad for 14 days. The hospital will treat you as suspected covid until they can get a test result back.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
For anyone who had parents or family members coming to Canada who does not speak English, do you have any tips? Is there a way they can request a language speaker? Does the officer accept to call a number so we can translate?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For anyone who had parents or family members coming to Canada who does not speak English, do you have any tips? Is there a way they can request a language speaker? Does the officer accept to call a number so we can translate?
My wife's dad does not speak English. Every time he comes he said they try to find a translator but this was not always the case. Sometime there were no translator. If this happens, he was showed to proceed to the automatic customs booth (in which there are multi language interface) for travelers to complete their customs declaration. There might be further translators in the secondary. You can call CBSA for info.

Reactions: Laurahd

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
My wife's dad does not speak English. Every time he comes he said they try to find a translator but this was not always the case. Sometime there were no translator. If this happens, he was showed to proceed to the automatic customs booth (in which there are multi language interface) for travelers to complete their customs declaration. There might be further translators in the secondary. You can call CBSA for info.
Thank you, I will check. Because his language is not one of those in the booth so I'm worried how they can navigate at POE. Cheers.

Swethasam

Oct 23, 2016
My quarantine rules recommendations are different now that I remember that you are expecting. Your parents really shouldn’t be staying with you because pregnant women are at much higher risk of severe covid infections and you will be visiting the doctor weekly and could go into labour. If your parents are staying with you you risk bringing covid into your doctors/midwife offices and into the hospital if you deliver. You can’t plan when you’ll need to go into the hospital for any problems or to get checked if there is low fluid or movement or for labour. A 1+den is a very small space so you will be exposed if your parents are carriers. If you insist on quarantining together please inform your doctors before you go to their offices. They may not want you to come into the office and do virtual appointments. If you do have to go to the hospital you also should call and inform the ward that you are quarantining with people from abroad for 14 days. The hospital will treat you as suspected covid until they can get a test result back.
Yes..Thank you for the info! We are planning to get an Airbnb..what do you think about that ?

Ninisha

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Nope but soon my wife's dad will join us from overseas.
Hi, did your wife's dad come to Canada?
I'm a Canadian citizen and both my parents have a valid visitor visa and they are planning to stay for 2 months as I'm pregnant and need their help. We are planning to have them by August 1st but with all going on with the COVID-19 I have few questions and need your help/advise from someone who has similar situation:
  1. Is that considered an essential visit or the officer may give them hard time to enter? (P.N. when we applied for Visitor visa back in Feb. , we mentioned in the invitation letter that I'm pregnant & need them during that time).
  2. For quarantine plan, can they share the place with us? we are leaving in house (but unfinished basement) and they will have a separate bedroom & bathroom. Or do they need to be completely isolated from anyone?
  3. And if they can share the place with us, shall we also be isolated for 14 days or just the traveler?
Thanks
Hi,

Were you able to bring your parents on visitor visa?

Thanks