+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents' TRV (paper-based) Approved

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank You!!

@Bryanna & @Histrionics I submitted the application for mom and dad online on Tuesday Feb the 26th. I HAD to do it online because my parents live in a small town in India where there is no VFS centre. Their Biometrics Letters have been updated into their accounts today. This does not mean a decision has been made on their application, is it? My parents should now book their tickets to go get biometrics done at the closest VFS in India correct?
No decision yet. Processing won't start until biometrics are given. Yes, book their tickets for the biometrics.

Do check with the VFS if an appointment is required before booking their tickets.

PS: I literally followed you guy's advice to the T. I might have had to spend hours compressing 37 MB files into 4 MB (limit for PDF upload on CIC), but i hope mom and dad get their visa. Thanks again.
Hope there was no resolution loss/ the documents are legible and clear.

Fingers crossed

Shagupta

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
No decision yet. Processing won't start until biometrics are given. Yes, book their tickets for the biometrics.

Do check with the VFS if an appointment is required before booking their tickets.

Hope there was no resolution loss/ the documents are legible and clear.

Fingers crossed
@ Bryanna, you are the SWEETEST! How thoughtful are you. No babe, there was no resolution loss.

I tried to make the pdf compact by first compressing it using online tools. It turned out that I needed to still compress my 5 MB to 4 MB, so i literally cut down pages from the pdf doc that i think they could do without (For eg, for bank passbook- they did not need to see all of 2017 history, their ID page & 2018 history was enough. Etc etc). Tried to get creative with it.

I put pension documents, FDs & mutual fund certificates, their value at maturity, interest rates, interest rate payments within banks etc, their property documents, indicative value using online tools, their personal (pics of them with my nieces and social ties (community involvement) etc). I provided table of contents for each section so its easier for them to follow.

Also, just booked their tickets and made an appointment with New Delhi VFS just now. Fingers crossed, everything goes smoothly.

Thank You and will keep you posted.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@ Bryanna, you are the SWEETEST! How thoughtful are you. No babe, there was no resolution loss.

I tried to make the pdf compact by first compressing it using online tools. It turned out that I needed to still compress my 5 MB to 4 MB, so i literally cut down pages from the pdf doc that i think they could do without (For eg, for bank passbook- they did not need to see all of 2017 history, their ID page & 2018 history was enough. Etc etc). Tried to get creative with it.

I put pension documents, FDs & mutual fund certificates, their value at maturity, interest rates, interest rate payments within banks etc, their property documents, indicative value using online tools, their personal (pics of them with my nieces and social ties (community involvement) etc). I provided table of contents for each section so its easier for them to follow.

Also, just booked their tickets and made an appointment with New Delhi VFS just now. Fingers crossed, everything goes smoothly.

Thank You and will keep you posted.
Perfect :)

Fingers crossed

Shagupta

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Perfect :)

Fingers crossed
Sorry @Bryanna one more quick question. After submitting biometrics, will my folks have to travel back again to Delhi to get final visa (assuming they get it). They submit their passports too at the time of biometrics? A little confused on this.

Thanks and if i could, I would buy you coffee or a drink (depending on your preference that is) :D

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sorry @Bryanna one more quick question. After submitting biometrics, will my folks have to travel back again to Delhi to get final visa (assuming they get it). They submit their passports too at the time of biometrics? A little confused on this.

Thanks and if i could, I would buy you coffee or a drink (depending on your preference that is) :D
They would need to submit their passports after they get passport requests, not now. They can authorize someone else if they are unable to travel to the VFS/VAC later to submit their passports

Reactions: Shagupta

Shagupta

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
They would need to submit their passports after they get passport requests, not now. They can authorize someone else if they are unable to travel to the VFS/VAC later to submit their passports
Thank You and have a great week.

showbit.jain

Nov 22, 2018
Hi @Bryanna

I see you are providing valuable suggestions on the forums and I appreciate in advance if you can answer for my query as well.

I landed as a PR on 26th April 2019 and I got job from 1st May 2019 itself. I am thinking to apply for my mother's visitor visa. Is it ok to apply for her visa soon after landing? Please suggest.

If not, how much time should I wait before applying her visitor visa?

Thank you.

KHUSHI@123

May 30, 2019
Hey
I need immediate help!!!
I have applied for my mother's TRV and CRC has refused it on the grounds,

" I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history. "

So the case is that I have just got my PR and I am traveling to Toronto and wanted my Mother to accompany me on TRV. We have mentioned that she is going for tourist purpose only and also I have attached a letter of invitation from a friend. My mother is working as a director in her self-owned company. We have shown around CAD 7,725.44 in her account and also shown property papers worth more than CAD 77,254.38 and also mentioned that she is a 50% owner of the business with my Father.

Is there any other way we can get this approve or should I totally drop the idea of her accompanying me ? :(